1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Scam?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by VincentGary, Jul 7, 2015.

Hi all, i'm selling two domain names on Flipper.com and i've received an email asking if one is still for sale and how much for as he's a broker who's buying for a client.

I replied saying make me an offer....

The next email comes back saying his client will pay $30.000 - $40.000 but this to me isn't right surly? This has to be a scam?

If anyone wants me to inbox them the actual email i will...

VincentGary, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  2. ATTAYEB

ATTAYEB Member

Best Answers:
    I received an email once with the same offer , when I said yes he asked me to get a certification and give me a link to a website that I can get this certification from , the website was 3 months old and want $79 for the certification , so I am sure it is a scam

ATTAYEB, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  3. VincentGary

VincentGary Peon

Best Answers:

It's the same one then... Thanks i knew it was a scam as he'd also changed his story a little in each of the emails

Thanks

4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems odd that he gave you a range because, obviously, you would agree to the upper end of the range and nobody is going to pay an extra $10,000 if they do not have to.

Somebody around here posted what was an obvious scam a few months ago where the prospective buyer wanted the domain seller to pay for half of a domain name "appraisal". I do not know what the email said in your case. So if you want to post the text and remove any identifying information from the inquirer, then do it.

billzo, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  5. VincentGary

VincentGary Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll post it so others can see the scam....

My client offers a sum in $30,000 - $45,000 range. The exact figure will depend on the appraisal results (see below).

Before we go further we need only one thing from you:

My client is a professional investor and he buys certified domains only.

If your domain has been certified, please email me the certificate and we will proceed with the sale. If you don’t have a certificate it’s not a problem. I may send you a link where you can obtain it. Please don’t worry. It takes 1-2 minutes to order it. The results will be sent to you within 24 hours. Then you send me the certificate via email and we’ll proceed with the sale

The certification includes the following:

1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher we will increase the price accordingly.

2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems.

3. Verification of the owner. It proves you are a legitimate owner and your domain has no any obligations and restrictions. I’m sure that you are a legitimate owner so it will be only a formality.

As a broker I’m very interested in a good valuation part of this certificate because my client pays me a commission (10-15% of the sale price) on every domain purchase. So I’m not interested in a low price too.

You can read about the certificate agency at http://archive.answers-google.org/answers/threadview/id/189813.html (“Domain Broker” is my nickname).

Of course, you must be sure you will sell it for at least $30,000. To avoid any risks just contact their support at Domain Certification Tools Contact Pageregarding a possible appraised value for your domain. Please specify your domain and let them know you have a buyer with $30,000 offer and need a valuation near this value. Just ask them if it's possible or not. If you receive a positive response, you will proceed with the certification. If not, you don't lose anything.

6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obvious scam.

So you request an appraisal at a certain value and if you get it, then you pay? I wonder if you would get an appraisal at that figure. I bet you would. :)

You should never have any out of pocket expense when it comes to selling anything, certainly no upfront expenses.

billzo, Jul 7, 2015 IP