1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website monetization, help needed. No adsense.

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by parveenk2013, Jul 7, 2015.

Hey DP users,

I have got good social media traffic and i'm already working with some sites. Now i'm thinking to start my own website, but only thing i'm worried about is monetizing and getting advertisers.

I need to achieve a good cpm to be in profit, i can get 1million+ impressions a day easily to website, High quality traffic.

Site will look like this:
    https://static.dyp.im/Hi72XXoiKN/55fc76bb9c0095764923156ceec3b98a.jpg

I can put any number of ads in red area, yellow area is for articles.

So can anybody help in getting a good cpm? I'm ready to place ads from different advertisers too. I wanna get at least $5+ cpm from all ads on site.
    I know i can use adsense, adsense rates are best, but adsense is too risky, one of my partner recently lost $76k in his adsense account, got banned.
    Traffic is 70%-80% premium, 50%+ USA only, 1million+ impressions a day easily.

I'm ready to pay who can help personally or be a partner, or just share your ideas below.

Thanks in advanced,
    Sorry if any mistake and for bad english :p

parveenk2013, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  2. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just going to quote you here "Traffic is 70%-80% premium" How do you measure the quality of your traffic and how do you determine that it is premium quality?

What kind of site are you planning on making? >.>

lukey372, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  3. parveenk2013

parveenk2013 Member

Best Answers:
    Premium traffic means traffic from US,Uk,Australia and canada, rest is non-premium.
    Site niche: Humor, life hacks, diys, celebs etc.

4. parveenk2013

parveenk2013 Member

Best Answers:
    Anybody??

What cpm can i get with mgid, revcontent etc ads?
    What about placing banner ads on the top from any ad network, and mgid/revcontent/outbrain ads in side bar, then also a banner in sidebar, then both in bottom, Will it work???????

5. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Premium is more so in relation to site design and brand safety than geo. If you are with the right company with the right site, it won't matter what geo's you have, you could have a site with all chinese traffic do better than a site with US traffic, if the site is designed well and it catches advertiser interest. Which is why most of the people on here are complaining about rates, because in more cases than not, their site is trash and advertisers are not interested in paying big money for poorly designed sites.

Secondly and potentially the most important factor in determining if traffic is premium.... you said high quality traffic in a way which sounds like you are buying traffic. Is that the case?

Finally, your site niches are quite possibly the most over saturated niches on the internet today, there is really not a chance of you seeing $5+ CPM's and if you see them from Google its only them setting you up to rob you. Those niches, and that design, looking like a dime a dozen viral site, you are going to be averaging any where between $0.02 and $0.35 MAX. If you are lucky and make your way into working with a company who is stupid enough to allow you set a floor, then maybe i can see you pushing a little higher, but that is on the requirement of luck.

Some key points you need to focus on:

- Unique / High Value / High Demand Niche. How many sites you see about humor, life hacks, diys, and celebs? How many sites do you see about samsung tablets? We have clients with mobile sites primarily focused on technology specifically samsun tablets, seeing huge rates. So unique niche which has not been beaten to death by every other person on every other site.

- Unique content. Don't use RSS Feeds, Don't use copy written material of any kind.

- Unique Design. Don't use the same design on more than one site, Don't use a free template, Don't use a common design, and come up with a presentable site logo for ad networks to be able to advertise your site to their buyers to increase your revenue.

- Placements should be limited to no more than 5 - 6. More placements = Lower CPM overall and higher CPM on a page view level overall. Balance it so you have half above, half below the fold. Try to keep the vertical units on the fold, and try to keep the horizontal units as far away from the fold as possible. Horizontal units going out of view, reduces the viewability and ultimately decreases value where vertical units are less likely to go out of view sine you can scroll up and down and still see it, assuming its tall enough.

- Social Engagement. There should be proof of social engagement. Social Widgets, twitter, facebook fan page widget with several thousand fans, and comments. There should be viral uplift.

- Domain should be unique, .com tld not a free site. The WhoIs should not be hidden. Hidden whois usually leads to being blacklisted on todays biggest exchanges. The domain should have age, and the age should justify the traffic. If the site is 2 days old and you get 2 million impressions per day, then its easy to tell its 100% from purchasing inventory.

- Clean ad exchange history on the domain, and do not misuse tags (dont set ad tags to invisible, do not put ad tags in iframes and hide them on your page, do not use traffic exchanges, or auto surf sites, or ptc to boot traffic.

- Do not expect $5 CPMs and do not expect anything. Just go with goals, and learn from experience.

wrekoniz3, Jul 7, 2015 IP
    lukey372 likes this.
  6. nikipink

nikipink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $5+ cpm is too high for an enterrement website. for enterrement niche, your maximum CPM is about $0.2 _ $1.
    if you want generate more money, you can go with CPA & Affiliate Program.

nikipink, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  7. parveenk2013

parveenk2013 Member

Best Answers:
    It means targeted traffic...

parveenk2013, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  8. parveenk2013

parveenk2013 Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks

parveenk2013, Jul 9, 2015 IP