1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can't open PPTX files in Power Point 2003

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by cornelius86, Jul 7, 2015.

Hello,
    I have a laptop that doesn't want to open PPTX files.
    It is running on Windows 7, Office 2003 SP3 and has 2007 compatability pack.
    this is the error I get when I try to open it:
    "POwerPOint was unable to display some of the text, images in the file "filename.pptx" because they ahve become corrupted"

I try to open it on 3-4 comouters, no errors.

also, i tried to re-install 2007 compatability pack and Office 2003 as well, same results

Solved! View solution.
    cornelius86, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  2. Mike In

Mike In Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm! maybe this could be because of the fact that comparability pack, may not support everything regarding the extended (New) version...

Not 100% sure but you may try something like http://www.kingsoftstore.com/software ...
    Or maybe update to Office 2007/10/13 ....

Or maybe try to open it with Google doc...

Mike In, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Last I checked power point only works with the version it was built on. That has always been the case.

N.

Nigel Lew, Jul 7, 2015 IP
    1. If you run PowerPoint 2003, choose Help, About Microsoft PowerPoint from the main menu bar. If the About screen doesn't indicate that you have SP1 (Service Pack 1) or higher, you should update your copy of PowerPoint. Choose Help, Check For Updates. When the Office Downloads page opens in your browser, click "Check for Updates" and apply the recommended hotfixes and/or service packs.
    2. If you run Windows XP and have installed SP1, see Files open as Read-Only after installing Windows XP SP1, Other file/path related problems
    3. Open a blank presentation (You can apply the template used for the damaged file, if applicable. That might help cut down on reformatting.)
    4. From the main menu, choose Insert, Slides from File (or if you use PowerPoint 2007, Home tab, New Slides (bottom of button), Reuse Slides.
    5. Try to insert slides individually if you're not able to insert the whole thing
    6. Also see resources below, where you'll get some opinions about getting rid of .rar file corruption:
    PPTX Repair Kit - http://www.pptx.repair/
    Visit - http://www.ask.com/answers/570694281/how-to-restore-the-beaten-xlsx-file?qsrc=14106

roger88, Jul 8, 2015 IP