1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you celebrate your birthday...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gyan027, Jun 15, 2015.

In India..most of the politician, Industrialist and celebrities celebrate their birthday by arranging Blood donation camp....where people donate blood to blood bank.

Gyan027, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  2. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This year I did absolutely nothing. Last year, when I hit the big FIVE O, I made myself a blue velvet cake - (like red velvet, but blue) - and I learned to make homemade buttercream icing for my cooking channel. So anyway, I was taking a photo of my cake, getting ready to put the Five and Zero on it, and then I dropped the camera on my cake :(. I am learning how to use icing attachments, but I'm not good at it yet.
    My birthday is usually a memorial day function and we have cookouts and stuff. But this year I didnt have any one here for that. :( I got a lot of birthday wishes on facebook, but those are people I dont really know. We just play some games together.
    [​IMG]

Karen May Jones, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  3. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well for me since my last child moved away to college last year I really didn't do anything this year. I really haven't done anything notable for several years though. :(

It seems that since my 30's birthdays just really mean nothing more than getting older and I really haven't celebrated any since then. Maybe when I hit that big 50 I might actually have some kind of notable birthday.

@Karen May Jones Love that cake! Especially the think buttercream frosting and that cool color. One of these days I am gonna have to learn how to make buttercream frosting myself. ;)

ulterios, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  4. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not enough to celebrate it, but how? 'How'?!
    How do you celebrate something... let's see... by being happy about it. By enjoying it. (In older times, by sacrificing a prey or something.)
    Jokes (and nonjokes) aside,
    I think there exist a few category of ways people celebrate.
    Some go the typical way of presents. It's always easier to just throw money at something and make your presence be felt without having to act to get the part .
    Others celebrate the old Dionysian way.
    And finally, there are two categories of people (those who have none to celebrate with, and those that aren't allowed to clebrate as they want.)
    Then there is the poor... the poor always doesn't look alike.

SocialSignals, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Lately, we have been going out to dinner at our favorite Chinese buffet for my birthday. And, over the past couple of years, I have started a tradition with my two kids, who are extremely fussy about food, to try one new food that they have never eaten before at the meal as part of their birthday gift to me. It makes me quite happy to see them trying a new food (even if they never eat it again) as I am someone who absolutely loves to try any new food...and the weirder, the better. :)

I also do this for Father's Day, so I know that my kids will try two new foods every year now!

jrbiz, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  6. dannyinpt

dannyinpt Member

Best Answers:
    Head in the sand, lift it up, glass of red, back in the sand!

Just became a grandfather, so I expect the above will change.

dannyinpt, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your new status! I hope that you enjoy it.

I do like your approach to birthdays; however, I would probably substitute a vodka Collins for the glass of red. And, since I rarely drink, a couple of them would plant my head firmly back into the sand for quite a while. :)

jrbiz, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  8. Knight_Dark26

Knight_Dark26 Active Member

Best Answers:
    10451052_1393821394256095_8824983021855953249_n.jpg i celebrate it with my family and friends.simple celebration

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Knight_Dark26, Jun 27, 2015 IP
  9. Dev thakur

Dev thakur Member

Best Answers:
    on my birthday i help the poor peoples

Dev thakur, Jul 7, 2015 IP