1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did they do it?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by schnitzelattack, Jul 4, 2015.

Hi guys. As the title suggests.
    We need to uncover the trick used by a website that started 9 months ago, hit the alexa 100.000 global position rank in 3 months, became 2nd in my country and now is at 1570 Global and still rising.

The site is just a scraper blog, with around 10% original content. I will not link the site.

Screenshot from 2015-07-04 17:38:46.png
    We can all benefit if we discover their trick... ;)

Another screenshot with analytics...
    Screenshot from 2015-07-04 18:27:01.png

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    schnitzelattack, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  2. BranTheMan

BranTheMan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If the site only has 10% unique content, then it is not likely to keep those stats forever.

Knowing the site could better help to understand. Is it just some random site that seams like it was created by some random Joe? or is their some value there that seems like it has had some money backing it up? Many websites you see doing this just start out with a BANG. SquareSpace, Shopify, Weebly are not the best at what they do, but they are the most well known because they have spent a TON of money on advertising. They advertise EVERYWHERE they possibly can to get as many eyes on it as possible. After about a year of doing this, the power of the word of mouth starts to take over the site starts to make its way up in the ranks without having to rely on advertising.

BranTheMan, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  3. schnitzelattack

schnitzelattack Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it came out of nowhere. According to SimilarWeb and Alexa most of its traffic comes through social networks. While I was researching for "the trick used" I saw a steady rise in direct traffic in the last two months 1% to 10%
    I got some more info, the same adsense pub ID is used on 75+ more websites.
    I don't know what that means or if it means anything. Some of those sites are old and somewhat popular.

schnitzelattack, Jul 6, 2015 IP