1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone has experience with hybrid laptops?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mehdi.b, Jun 14, 2015.

Hi everyone,
    I need to buy a laptop (current one is done :)) and I also want to change my tablet as well. So I came across hybrid tablet-laptops with Core i3 or Core i5 and good specifications.
    Yesterday a friends suggested Surface Pro with Core i3. Can this thing really replace a laptop?

I use it mostly for office package, web browsing and sometimes a movie or series.
    Appreciate your input on this, make it easier for me to purchase.

Cheers

Mehdi.b, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  2. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't tryied one myself.
    I would generally dismiss the idea. Since having a hybird means a not so normal system actions (Similar to how Linux is faster becuase of it's construction.) plus hardware choices and compatibility. I think it will end up a typical ocacsion of:
    "But in the letter says XY". Meaning, you will muster less processing power.
    It's generally better to go with the tested choice. (You'll also benefit from the comunity if you have a question and or problem, having a one of a kind device isn't really a good idea.)

SocialSignals, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  3. Mark79

Mark79 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Surface is the top of the tablet but it is not really a replacement for notebook. The Surface's keyboard is definitely much more nic to use than using the virtual keyboard , but if you have to write a lots it is not very comfortable as the keyboard of a notebook.

Mark79, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  4. uniquesolutions

uniquesolutions Member

Best Answers:
    Tablet can not be compared with note book.

uniquesolutions, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  5. Rado_

Rado_ Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, don't go with a hybrid laptop. I'd choose the already well-known brands such as Asus, Dell, Acer, etc. You don't know what problems they can cause you and they can cost you a fortune to fix.

Rado_, Mar 21, 2016 IP