1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's a good rule of thumb in terms of keyword density?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mentat47, Jul 6, 2015.

What's a good rule of thumb in terms of keyword density for blog content? I know you want to repeat the keyword a certain amount of times to get your content ranked more quickly, but I've also heard that repeating it too many times can work against you. What are your thoughts on this?

mentat47, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  2. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best and Optimal Keyword Density for single word is 2% to 4%
    As long as your article reads wells, there is nothing to worry about keyword density.
    Stuffing with keywords for ranking purpose will harm you sooner or later.

blogdum, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  3. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    Copywriter here.

I'm guilty of inserting keywords here and there, but each of them come in naturally. In my experience, I insert a keyword or two every 100+ words. I keep it at a minimum, mainly because you should prioritize making an impression to your readers rather than the search engines.

And yes, it will work against you, according to this article: http://www.seoexpertpage.com/yes-or-no-to-panda-update/

A high keyword density and other unscrupulous SEO practices will lead you to Google's version of the slammer!

mikhailblaze, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Recommended keyword density is 2 to 3% within a content but to avoid redundancy make the targeted keyword diversify with the targeted audience and serve it as a guide to the readers.

KylieSweet, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  5. Ava Logan

Ava Logan Peon

Best Answers:
    The keyword density should always depend upon the volume of the content. Apart from that the optimal keyword density is 2%-4%. Stuffing more of content can harm you and affect your ranking. The content should always be readable by your readers not search engines.

Ava Logan, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  6. ranksonic

ranksonic Member

Best Answers:
    1-5%. Depends on your niche, total number of words in the content and chosen keywords. I think you'll need higher density with popular keywords.

ranksonic, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  7. thewriteone2345

thewriteone2345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you use text with too small keyword density, Search Engines may not pay much attention to you. And, if you overstuff pages with keywords, the Search Engine′ s robot will come to your site, but won′ t trust you, as the page will look unnatural. In this situation, Search Engine may even penalize your website and exclude it from its index.

And, the most disappointing thing about this is: there′ s no rule for text length and keywords density. Some guys will recommend the density of 5 to 7%, others – 1 to 3. But take my word, the only thing we SEOs can say for sure is: IT DEPENDS.

thewriteone2345, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  8. ritika1

ritika1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello.
    The keyword density should be 2-3 per 100 words.
    make sure for each web page DONT make more than 3 keywords and properly insert them in your content

ritika1, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  9. cevirisozluk

cevirisozluk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never read Google's guidelines.
    Just do it, and DO IT YOUR WAY!

cevirisozluk, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  10. Simply Compelling

Simply Compelling Peon

Best Answers:
    It's funny, in 2006 people were saying 6%, lately everyone says 3-4%, I have a feeling it will soon be 2%.

Simply Compelling, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  11. arulkaruppannan

arulkaruppannan Member

Best Answers:
    2% to 4% is the perfect ratio for Kerword Density. If you going to use 100 words means use your targeted keywords 2 to 4 times. Repeating the targeted keywords more times will work against your site.

arulkaruppannan, Jul 9, 2015 IP