1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about the new TLDs?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by owenbick, Aug 17, 2014.

In my opinion, these new TLDs are very stupid. Domains were better off and easier to remember when we had the shortened TLDs, not these stupid long ones. What's your opinion?

owenbick, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  2. h4sin

h4sin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, agree on this one. There are some really stupid ones, yet some are cool. I bought myself a couple of .club ones.

h4sin, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  3. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    For me, I do not care much about the new tlds and I think they are a joke, I always go for .com extension.

maddenitrous, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  4. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think they're going to make some of the registries more money, and cost many of the registrants their hard earned money. Some of them will probably take off and some will fail, only time can really tell on that one. For anyone thinking about investing in them, I would recommend you stick to premium words. Specifically, words related to the extension (if you're registering a .club then make sure the domain actually relates to clubs)..

FPForum, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  5. noe

noe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the new GTLD program is missing a clear market need and that the program is money-driven.

noe, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  6. Hitesh B

Hitesh B Member

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ to point made by you. Getting a desired domain in gTLD's is very difficult nowaday's, leave alone 4-5 alphabet domain. You have to pay premium charge to register such domains for .COM extension or buy a very long .COM domain. Generic or Short domains are available under new extension which will definitely give you an edge. Also I have read post which suggest that it also helps with better SEO/SEM results. I would want to give it try if there is a domain specific to my industry. Also they are priced reasonably, which helps service provider to cross sell to existing customer.

Hitesh B, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  7. levelia

levelia Peon

Best Answers:
    Have to agree with Hitesh. I'm currently searching for a domain name for a travel blog that I'm setting up and trying to register a .com domain was quite a frustrating experience. Pretty much every halfway decent .com domain name was already registered so I'm looking into new TLDs right now, especially into .blog or .travel which seem to be some of the most useful new TLDs for my project.

levelia, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  8. levelia

levelia Peon

Best Answers:
    btw does anybody know if there is a list with all the new gTLD's that are being released over the next few months?

I tried searching for it on the ICANN site (which is quite confusing) and came across this list of delegated strings:
    http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings

Would like to sign up for a new top level domain and have been looking on a few sites but when searching for a .blog domain it only gives me the "pre-reserve with no obligation" option and the .blog domain is also not listed on ICANN's delegated strings.

Is there a way of knowing when it will go online? I'm planning to start my project in 4-5 months time.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    levelia, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  9. helpmelol

helpmelol Member

Best Answers:
    What do you guys think of this name:

BTC.digital

BTC.com recently sold for $1 million, used by a Bitcoin company.

BTC stands for Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

I thought it was a nice one..

helpmelol, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  10. Lucky Jimmy

Lucky Jimmy Banned

Best Answers:
    I think some grow and other fall to wayside but the reality of the old dot com is the only domain mathematically can't survive as there's 50,000 or so websites coming online worldwide everyday and at some point you will need more extensions.

I think once Google and other SEs start recognizing them and giving better SERPs based on accurate TLDs we will see them really take off.

Lucky Jimmy, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  11. Elizabeth.Huang

Elizabeth.Huang Member

Best Answers:
    But .top is very short and easy to type, with good meaning in Chinese. I have regged some.

Elizabeth.Huang, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  12. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The new TLDs are good news for end users and bad news for investors...

Domain Lead Finder, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  13. ujjwal swami

ujjwal swami Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    some of new gTLDs are very good running like .io domains are very expensive and very good domain name
    below mentioned two gTLDs are success at least
    .CO
    .IO

ujjwal swami, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    .com's are out of control. You can't find any variation of what you want to register and when you do it's being sold at an unreasonable amount of money. We are programmed into thinking a .com is more important and authentic. That has to be stopped

NetStar, Jul 6, 2015 IP