1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

suspended for phishing? plz help

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by FatHate, Jul 5, 2015.

Something recently happened to all my websites and now they have the same suspended page warning on all of them due to apparent phishing threats.

Please help me.

look --> fatehate.com

or yugiohtube.com

theyre all closed and the hostgator support people wont tell me anything they suck. I will call them tomoro morning

FatHate, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  2. zacharooni

zacharooni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HostGator (hopefully) should have sent you an email regarding this, it may be in your spam box (for obvious reasons). Ask them to whitelist your IP with a custom .htaccess file so you can fix via FTP/SSH.

zacharooni, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  3. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They must provide some logs when your account get suspended.
    Maybe your account got hacked and someone uploaded some scam page.
    Call them fast as possible before they terminate it.

Zoti Media Group, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  4. FatHate

FatHate Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright thank you man

FatHate, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  5. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This happens often with hosting companies that are owned by EIG and it is because of a supposed threat that their scanners found. This happened to me 3 times on 2 different EIG hosts in the last year. I have several hosting accounts at different hosts and this has only happened at EIG owned hosts. It was a huge headache.

They will say that their software detected malicious software and then try to sell you Sitelock security (about $90 per year per website) to fix and prevent it from happening in the future. The thing is that there is a clash of interest BC the software that detects the supposed threats is the same company (Sitelock).

You should still have FTP access, I did. I downloaded the supposedly infected sites to my computer, uploaded them to a new hosting account with a different company and them had 2 different independent malware & security services check my sites. They found nothing at all. One of the companies/services I used was Sucuri.net, a larger know security service.

I approached them about this in several phone calls and after going over what they listed as malicious threats was just "Potential" threats due to a certain plugin I was using. There was no real malicious threat, there was a potential for a security threat because of a WordPress plugin that had a possible back-door threat listed.

They admitted that there was no actual threat but didn't want to reinstate my sites. I had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which didn't get anything other done.

Do a Google search on sitelock scam and you will see it happens a lot, especially with the EIG hosting companies.

Maybe you will get lucky and it will not be this same thing they are trying to pull, I hope it's an easy fix for you. It cost me to have some of my sites to be down for days, losing hundreds of dollars.

ulterios, Jul 5, 2015 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  6. [ET]Alexander

[ET]Alexander Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is your website wordpress powered? Is it up to date, and have you done all the updates on time? A vulnerability may have resulted in a phisihing portal being injected into your website, as such an abuse complaint coud have resulted in the suspension of your account.

This is one of the reasons we offer our customers (free of charge) McAfee Secure as a means of scanning their websites for malware or other security issues.

[ET]Alexander, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  7. SarkarRaj

SarkarRaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    In case your websites are suspended for phishing . Which is the topic of this thread. Let me clarify you that, they have reason called phishing going on from your website. This means, either way your websites have been compromised like other digi members said .. Or it might be the reason if any of your advertisers, advertisements have been compromised with phishing attacks.

I have seen many of the webmasters facing this issue, the advertising companies get compromised and are injected with phishing links. Which in turn will affect all the websites who use these advertisements on their website to earn funds.

SarkarRaj, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  8. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if they wont tell you anything, then how do you know it is phishing? Maybe it is a copyright issue - since you have a tube site, that could be possible, right? However, I agree that it could be advertisers causing harm to your site. I had issues with DP many years ago with the ads hijacking my browser. I reported it (to dp mods), blogged about it, etc.... Pretty sure DP owner hosts his own stuff, so he didn't have to deal with a host trying to sell him some lockout protection. I hope you get it worked out.

Karen May Jones, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  9. TheMostCreative

TheMostCreative Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Awful EIG marketing tactics beware its all to sell you some extra addons which you dont need

TheMostCreative, Jul 8, 2015 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  10. carlosx2

carlosx2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should really consider going with another host. You best solution is to take your stuff and go with vps, then have that vps setup with csf, ban2fail and mandrill for good mail delivery plus control over any mails you are not sending personally. You can directly take action. Best off all mandrill is free till 12k mails

carlosx2, Jul 9, 2015 IP