1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Charge Me $0.30 for Refunding a Payment

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Zirkon Kalti, Jan 10, 2015.

Paypal charge me $0.30 fee when I refund a payment. The policy update is https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/provt-full. I didn't realize this until I refunded a payment twice and saw that why the original full amount is not in my account but $0.60 was lost. Then, I search Google and found out that they have changed the policy by charging $0.30 for every refund.

If your account don't have $0.30, you will end up with a negative balance. This is just so no good! How bad this is! Charging people $0.30 for refund. What is there to penalize someone for being honest? At some stage, a seller will have unsatisfied customers and refund. Is this wrong?

If the seller has to refund many times, he will be out a lot of money. I wonder what is their purpose of charging people $0.30 for making refund. They are discouraging honesty among sellers.

Zirkon Kalti, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's pretty good. With WorldPay (back in the day) we were paying something like $25
    They're providing a service, they're entitled to charge for it.

I'd have thought it would encourage honesty - not discourage it. You will be more honest about the features and cabilities of what you sell so that people aren't disappointed when they receive what they've paid for.

sarahk, Jan 10, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  3. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because they are Paypal, they are the largest payment processor.
    They can do what they want.

lukey372, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What has this stupid religious bullshit got to do with it?
    Like sarahk said:

malky66, Jan 11, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Technically they don't charge you for a refund, they just keep the $0.30 per transaction fee they already charged you. After all, it was still a transaction even if you refunded it. They credit you back the percentage fees of course since you didn't get the money.

digitalpoint, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  6. loveplanet

loveplanet Peon

Best Answers:
    To me sometimes take, sometimes not I think is depends on who sends you money... I think that's the thing about the country they are sent,

loveplanet, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  7. SAGILIO

SAGILIO Member

Best Answers:
    paypal is a fee master they always take fees for any reason

SAGILIO, May 14, 2015 IP
  8. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stripe.com are the 2nd best paypal alternative but they are quite new and not so well known about yet but will be as big one day.

Another is payfriendz.com

Mkcoy, May 22, 2015 IP
  9. antthenait

antthenait Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    About a year ago or more ---- they did covered service fees during refund of any payment. But at this moment they do not cover full service change ---- $0.30 was their service charges.

@Mkcoy, PayPal is the best -----

antthenait, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  10. G Marziano

G Marziano Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depending on the Nature of the business is how good of a time you will have with payment processing, Streamza.com use FastSpring, they are pretty good

G Marziano, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  11. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal is the best what? Best at giving in to the credit card companies when a buyer buys your digital product then claims the purchase on their card is unauthorized?

If you mean best at doing that then yes, PayPal are the best.

PayPal are a bunch of dirty rotten greedy fat cats mate. They don't give a shit about sellers. No, PayPal aren't the best. PayPal are a bunch of gits that don't help you one iota when you get scammed mate.

So you can stick your "PayPal is the best" right up where the sun don't shine mate!

Mkcoy, Jul 5, 2015 IP