1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog added to Wordpress Site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Fix Johnson, Jul 5, 2015.

I recently changed my website to a wordpress site to meet Google's requirements for a responsive website. I had an existing wordpress blog on my site, which was linked by posts etc.

Should I leave blog alone running as a stand alone wordpress site, or should I import all the posts etc into my new wordpress site?

If I import my posts is there a plugin that would look after all the re-directions I would need?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Fix

Fix Johnson, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just do a 301 redirection? This way you will NOT lose any link juice you have from your wordpress site! ;)

patco, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  3. Charlie Centa

Charlie Centa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Fix Johnson,

I recently posted an answer to a similar question in another thread. Are you using the same domain a different one. Either way, I would definitely include all your posts so you can keep up you search engine rankings. Otherwise you'll be starting from scratch. If it's the same domain then you can simply import all the posts and check that they're all on the same urls as before and the search engines won't even have a clue you've done anything so far as the quality of your site goes... except for the fact that it's now responsive, which we know plays a big part in Google's algorithms these days.

If it's a new domain then I would definitely do 301 redirects. While there may be software out there, it's probably unreliable and expensive. I would personally suggest outsourcing the job to someone through a freelance website like elance. It will be cheaper and easier for you to keep an close eye on things.

Let us know how you get on!

Charlie Centa, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  4. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Import all your post into new wordpress blog and make sure to keep url same with 301 redirect and prevent duplicate content penalty with 301 re-direct.

jaguar34, Jul 18, 2015 IP