1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Increase my ranking Deleting Post Written Poorly?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nafisul Islam, Jul 4, 2015.

Hi, I just discovered that some of the contents in my website that are written by others are spun. My traffic dropped by 50% in last few month. Also those low quality contents do not get that many traffic.
    Will it work if i delete those spun content ? and can i still rank better with the rest contents?
    If not any suggestion to improve my ranking?

nafisul Islam, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With so many factors involved its hard to answer that definitively but you should probably do that anyway. Crappy content is just that.

Nigel Lew, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  3. mswengel

mswengel Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should always keep poorly written content off your site. Even if it doesn't affect your search engine ranking directly, your visitors will notice and look elsewhere.

mswengel, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  4. moneyroad

moneyroad Member

Best Answers:
    how did this "spun" content appeared on your website? why don't you review it manually? And it is really hard to say why your traffic dropped: ir may be you have lost too many backlinks, you have build too many backlinks, bad user experience, Google noticed that your site is not worth to be on the top (algo updates).
    If you could drop the link to website, someone from forum could check seo profile.

moneyroad, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  5. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, share the link!

Matthew Sayle, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  6. nafisul Islam

nafisul Islam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here my website , thanks for the suggestion http://serialkeylar.com

nafisul Islam, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would either delete it or rewrite it. This shouldn't be an issue, because you can't have crappy content on your site.

cronik, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  8. moneyroad

moneyroad Member

Best Answers:
    project is about 1.5 years old
    And no it is not mainly about spun content as you say from my perspective
    anchor text of backlinks: I would not try to target such phrase as "microsoft powerpoint 2010 product key generator" or "activation keys" thats illegal- Google know that and may drop you lower- you are not so trusted so why you should be on the top?

too many low quality irrelevant backlinks coming to your site,-I guess you are using BlackHat
    What value can bring backlink like this example?
    http://adsfreeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=122558&sid=5f050bf435812c40e0b905f945cad701
    or from here?
    http://idmcrackserialkey.blogspot.ru/2012/10/internet-download-manager-6118-crack.html

moneyroad, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  9. nafisul Islam

nafisul Islam Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Thanks a lot for the suggestion,
    Actually i stopped adding illegal content when i realized its not good for my website, the keys i offer are those that are from promotional offers from the respective software's official page. I mean they are trial license.

Can you please tell me what should i do now, to recover from this state?
    I had good amount of traffic before, but since last three month it dropped to 50%.
    I am really benefited from your advice.

nafisul Islam, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  10. moneyroad

moneyroad Member

Best Answers:
    • You should stop adding low quality content and links
    • do not use black hat for link building (unless it is your goal- churn and burn)
    • add more content to your website, if you are not so good at your niche find blogger who would like to guest post or just buy content from odesk/iwriter/people per hour or your custom source.
    • Your niche can be based on reviews of product, you can make video and upload to youtube/vimeo and other popular platforms of your choise (Google loves youtube, because it is owned by them as well and it is second search engine after Google itself) Optimize, you will also get traffic from it
    • make inforgraphic lets say comparing antivirus (prices benefits and etc) share on your website and other platforms like slideshare,- thats legal link building process :) you give value to visitors, if they like what they see they can share or reblog to content.
    • spread the word about your fresh content in social media
    • build own strong social media profiles
    • add optin form to your website so people could get newsletter get new information and come back to you time to time
    you will be lucky if your website will not be catched by panda/ penguin and other animals, during time you should loose backlinks and thats fine. Fresh content will add some trust. You could update old posts as well and fix broken "download" links.

moneyroad, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  11. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always be sure that the content is unique before posting content to your MONEY site... Spun content is NOT recommended. If it's from a guest blogger, kindly email them and explain your situation... Otherwise, just CHANGE the content, do NOT remove the article page!! It's NOT good for SEO! ;)

patco, Jul 16, 2015 IP