1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Colorpicker with RGBA (alphaopacity) in Theme-customizer

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by PoPSiCLe, Jul 4, 2015.

I'm looking to find a working colorpicker for the theme-customizer in the admin-panel (working on a theme where I want the user to be able to change the colors via an interface)

I've found this one: http://pluto.kiwi.nz/2014/07/how-to...phaopacity-to-the-wordpress-theme-customizer/

Only problem is it doesn't interface sleekly with the current setup, and I'd have to rewrite a lot of content in functions.php to get this to work.

Ideally, what I'm looking for is an pure extension of the WP_Customizer_Color_Control class, of course with the proper CSS / JS-files needed.

The main thing lacking for the above mentioned replacement is that the default-color doesn't seem to work properly (I haven't played around with it that much, but I can't get it to register the default color properly). Given that I need the color-control for several different colors, assigning the colors in the class itself is not an option.

Have anyone seen a working example of a colorpicker able to replace the built-in colorpicker in Wordpress? (Or know anything about when Wordpress will get their heads out of their asses and include a proper colorpicker in the built-in interface?)

PoPSiCLe, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, that looks awesome. I'll have a proper look at it as soon as I'm in front of my computer

PoPSiCLe, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cool glad I could help. You are always helping people around here.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 4, 2015 IP
    PoPSiCLe likes this.