1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think the best CMS software is?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Nicholas Pope, Jul 1, 2015.

Hey Digital Point

Personally I like Subrion CMS with our close knit community and active admins and developers it has been a blast contributing and watching it grow over the last few years. Subrion comes with tons of features, plugins and packages that you can just about do anything with this software, and its so easy to use!!

I would definitely like to hear about your favorites so I can add to my list of the Top CMS Website Software.

Thanks DP! :)

Nicholas Pope, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  2. zinist

zinist Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    WordPress is best Content Management System (CMS) and it is easy to use and understandable.

zinist, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  3. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    Magento and Joomla are very good CMS too, hope you add it in your list.

Andy-Jones, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  4. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just checked out magento, it seems to be only an eCommerce platform, I am looking for stand alone CMS platforms with plugins and packages.

Nicholas Pope, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  5. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never really heard anything about Subrion, but now you have me curious.

Is it similar is use/develop a site to anything else?

I've been wanting to try something else out but haven't had the time to look at any other CMS's that I haven't used before.

I just checked and it seems to have good reviews. I'm definitely gonna have to check into it.

ulterios, Jul 3, 2015 IP
    Simon Gooffin likes this.
  6. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think WordPress is ever best.

Atikur, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  7. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most popular ones are Wordpress, Joomla, Magento, and Drupal. There are a lot CMS nowadays but these are the CMS I can think of that are commonly used up until now.

Benpick, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  8. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:
    In some ways I would think it would be most like WordPress, html blocks and so on, built in blog, front end drag and drop blocks. One feature I love is the admin panel its so easy to use I reckon even better than WordPress (my opinion) its free to use as well and just like WordPress there are custom plugins and packages.

Nicholas Pope, Jul 3, 2015 IP
    ulterios likes this.
  9. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. I was doing some checking into it earlier and it seems like it's well liked by it's users.

Most of my sites are built with WordPress, which I like but I would also like to see what else good is out there that I haven't tried. I do like WordPress better than Drupal or Joomla, which is why it's used on most of my sites.

A good admin panel is one thing that scores big points with me and from what you have said and what I found out on the web earlier, that seems to be one of the big likes among Subrion users.

I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try. I have a few domains that are just sitting and waiting to be developed so i'll just try it on one of them. I can try it out over the weekend to see what it's like.

Thanks again for the info and the share.

ulterios, Jul 3, 2015 IP
    Simon Gooffin likes this.
  10. tricks2

tricks2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Nicholas Pope,

I am a programmer and deginer, have the 6+ years experience in web development. In my career i used so many cms, but only feel comfort with WordPress. So chosen WP is my profession. Now I am Well experienced knowledge in WordPress. Compared to other CMS wordpress is very reliable and easy understand. Countless free plugins and themes are available in WordPress directory and around the internet worlds. Million of sites run with WP.
    10 Key features of WordPress
    1) Easy to understand
    2) Reliable for users
    3) Well coded and more security tools available, including payment gateways
    4) SEO supported
    5) Millions of professionals using this and thousands of freelance expert programmers ready to serve ( i am not sure any other platforms have like this support)
    6) It is have the all web needs, like forum, blog, ecommerce store, business directory, lead generation, media and etc..
    7) No need to spend money to purchase any option, because lot of free tools available
    8) You no need any programming language to setup WordPress site(most of hosting providers provide the one click installation setups to configure wp)
    9) Its have the 40 languages
    10) Multi-site support

I strongly recommend WordPress is best to use.

And other thing,

Joomla, Magento and Drupal also well known and familiar for online users.

Do you only need eCommerce solution then best to choose the Magento is perfect choice.

Joomla is similar to WP

Drupal is also good one but difficult to understand (its my own)

I hope this will help you to choose the best CMS.

Regards,
    Vijay

tricks2, Jul 3, 2015 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.
  11. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:
    Thats good im sure you will be amazed, they just release a new version too with some bug fixes, if you have any questions please feel free to PM me only happy to help, and id also love to see what you create so pm me when your done :)

Nicholas Pope, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  12. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know people knock Wordpress a lot on this forum, however I love Wordpress.

Sure, it adds a lot of features nobody really needs - but the pluses outweigh the minuses ten-fold.

Matthew Sayle, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  13. moneyroad

moneyroad Member

Best Answers:
    As I am not programmer, just user, I give my vote for wordpress as well, just love it.
    Hudge community using it, developing, plugins, themes. If there will be any bug discovered it will be fixed quickly.

moneyroad, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  14. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the offer, if I need any help i'll be sure to ask. Since this CMS is new to me that might just happen. LOL

I am gonna start working on it tonight and see what it's like. I have done some looking around the web and i've seen some nice sites so I know it's got a lot of potential to create something nice. When I get it done i'll let you know. Maybe you can critique it for me.

Thanks for the info and the offer, I appreciate it.

ulterios, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  15. SvetaRozy

SvetaRozy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wordpress of course, but why should everyone forget about DEL, MediaWiki, textpattern (it all depends on your project )
    the last is very interesting cms, i recommend to try)

SvetaRozy, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  16. danzuc74

danzuc74 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Zinit.
    I don't think Wordpress is best CMS. Wordpress is best CMS for small site, but it's not adapt form large site. For large solution I recommend Liferay. Do you know it?

danzuc74, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  17. danzuc74

danzuc74 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Vijav.
    Your post is very interesting.
    Do you know eCommerce Prestashop? What do you think about it?

danzuc74, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  18. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My favorite CMS is the one I built myself, the Rusnak CMS. My favorite part about the Rusnak CMS is that it is not only friendly for end users to use to manage their sites and content, but it's also super easy for developers to customize a website using the CMS as a base and quickly build a site. The CMS lets you put a piece of code on the server, then in the Admin interface you can specify exactly where the code will execute on the site! No more hooking in to specific places like Wordpress, put your code where you want!

Here's a link to a demo you can try.

BMR777, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  19. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried Joomla, Drupal , but once I got to Wordpress I never looked back. Stability, flexibility, diversity of plugins, easy to customize, easy to top notch secure it. Haven't found anything close to similar. WP can be turned into anything you want.

King Manu, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  20. tricks2

tricks2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello danzuc74,

You are welcome,

Prestashop is a such good platform for ecommerce users. And it is back-end is really good to access. Do you like to use Prestashop then that is not bad.
    Such a great platform.

But you need to decide do platform based on your usability.
    So you already using wordpress for blog and need to use prestashop for store then , we have the integration plugins to connect the both platforms.
    ref: https://wordpress.org/plugins/prestashop-integration/

and some other plugins also available.

tricks2, Jul 15, 2015 IP