1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What the best method to track each button’s traffic?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Johnkaranja, Jun 18, 2015.

Hi,

I am the webmaster for an organization that sells holiday plans. All holiday plans have the same cost. The Google Analytics goal funnel steps are the following pages:

1. Choose a holiday plan (There are 18 holiday plans buttons. You can only choose one holiday plan by clicking the appropriate button)

2. My personal info

3. My Payment Method

4. Review

5. Confirm

6. Thank-You

The funnel has run very well for the last 4 months.

Now, the manager wants to know the contribution of each holiday plan to the total traffic.

Problem

Until they confirm, the customers’ choice of the holiday plan is not final. They can make a change while still on the holiday plans page, by simply clicking another button. They can even go back from info, payment, review and confirm pages to the holiday plan’s page and make a change. Therefore, if I use events to track the clicks made on the holiday plan’s buttons, I will get an inflated figure.

How do I track each holiday plan's traffic?

John

Johnkaranja, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  2. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    Check with your hosting provider, they usually provide web statistics tool in your control panel. These tools provide detailed information about the traffic on each page.

Andy-Jones, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  3. Johnkaranja

Johnkaranja Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Andy-Jones,

Thanks for your speedy reply!

It is suggested that I stick to a Google Analytics solution. After thinking about it, a bit more I intend to:

- Set up a virtual page for each button

- Create goal with a funnel for each button with the virtual page as a “Required first step” and set confirmation page as the destination page

Will it work?

John

Johnkaranja, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  4. Antoine Dionne

Antoine Dionne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are using wordpress, there is multiple plugin that does it :)

Antoine Dionne, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use event tracker for my buttons, text links, thumbnail links or any links within my pages that I want to track.
    It's easy, you can just generate a code of it and copy and paste it in your source code.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 3, 2015 IP