1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Quick $15 For Facebook Social Count Fix (API) - Wordpress Theme

Discussion in 'Programming' started by emgage, Jun 30, 2015.

Hello everyone, I am using the implicit theme by Industrial Themes on one of my websites. I like the built in social counts and have had to do some modifications for the twitter count to get it working (used my own app) since the developers limit was being reached and the count was displaying as -1.

The facebook count used to work fine, but it is now displaying as -1 although the correct facebook URL has been set in theme options. I contacted the developer and apparently Facebook have changed their API rendering the count broken. They have pointed me in the right direction, and mentioned that the code involved is in edit: The old wrong file has been removed and the new correct file has been attached. Please ignore the next few responses in this thread. functions/core.php starting at line 721.

I have attached the core.php file to this thread. The first working version of core.php to be posted in this thread will receive $15 via paypal, instant payment.

Look forward to seeing a good fix using the new facebook API (taking into account any changes which may have been made to said API)

Kind Regards

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    emgage, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  2. Valkyrie™

Valkyrie™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Such a poor way to seek services. Firstly, your developer is wrong, the item is not in the said line, infact the codes are not even in this file, secondly I think the forum you are looking for is Contests. This is not the right approach of hiring professionals.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    Valkyrie™, Jun 30, 2015 IP
    DuneDreamer likes this.
  3. emgage

emgage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Well excuse me for making a mistake, I thought this was the correct area since I am looking for a service and this is the programming services section of the marketplace. I don't know if contests is more appropriate but your advice has been noted. If I do not get any takers, I might move the thread. As for the line, the developer said beginning at that line and not at that line.

I would also appreciate nonconstructive opinions to be avoided, I have not posted this thread to receive advice on what is or is not the correct approach to hire professionals, but to receive a working rewrite of some code for a price.

Regards

emgage, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  4. Valkyrie™

Valkyrie™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Then, here's a constructive opinion for you, since, the codes are not in this file, you are never going to get a reply. Rather, hire someone, they will ask what they need and then solve the problem for you. And, regarding the other line that it should belong to contests was due to the fact that the professionals do not respond well to "first come first paid" system.

Valkyrie™, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  5. emgage

emgage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    First, the only contest forum here is for design. Second, a constructive opinion would have been a suggestion on where the code might be. Third, I have received valuable work from professionals using this thread method, and I'm sure any professional who knows what he's doing would not hesitate to contact me for further details or files. As for hiring anyone, this is simply a method of setting the price for the first fix. My time restrictions or hiring methods are not your concern, and I would appreciate it if you would stop derailing this thread so that it may possibly receive input whuch works toward a fix, and not meaningless discussion. Thank you for your 2 cents anyway.

Regards

emgage, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  6. HowDoYou

HowDoYou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The code you posted has no connection to the networks API. Can you post the whole plugin as a download? I'm happy to help.

HowDoYou, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  7. emgage

emgage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hi thank you @HowDoYou Have you checked the theme.pho file. I have sent you a PM regarding further details on additional files.

Regards

emgage, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  8. emgage

emgage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    edit: The old wrong file has been removed and the new correct file has been attached. Please ignore the above few responses in this thread and refer to the new corrected first post.

Regards

emgage, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  9. HostPuma

HostPuma Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    HostPuma, Jul 8, 2015 IP
    emgage likes this.
  10. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    Fixed the issue. Payment Received :) Good Employer

Sugavanas, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  11. emgage

emgage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Thank you everyone for your input. The count has been fixed.

Regards

emgage, Jul 8, 2015 IP
    Sugavanas likes this.