1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do so many people think Google is the only place to get traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by danasurvey, Jun 19, 2015.

Google is a great place to get traffic from. It amazes me though, how much people panic every time Google does an update or every time someone thinks an update is coming. It is like the sky is falling.

People forget about things like Social Media. Facebook, Twitter, etc. are great places to get the word out about your product or service. Social Media can drive quality traffic to your sites and blogs.

You can also get traffic from other search engines and through a variety of other different sources.

danasurvey, Jun 19, 2015 IP
    Joshie likes this.
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google provides basically automatic traffic.

Unless you have a huge following, it's hard to get traffic from social media without hard work.

With Google, traffic will keep flowing while you are sipping drinks by the beach.

Also, it's all targeted traffic.

Social media isn't always targeted.

Matthew Sayle, Jun 19, 2015 IP
    ulterios likes this.
  3. royalchelsea

royalchelsea Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I hate social media, the amount of work involved can be extreme for sometimes almost no results at times.

I have seen companies spend fortunes on youtube videos and get like 100 views a year on them.

Google does work, and most traffic for usa and eu will come from them.

royalchelsea, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  4. abdrea klarin

abdrea klarin Banned

Best Answers:
    Sometimes the people are not known that Social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc can also make us get the word out about the products and can drive us the quality traffic.

Hence the people will not use this Social media and will go behind the Google.

abdrea klarin, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  5. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    via google traffic come to your website on purpose while on social media etc you force them. You have to use every source for traffic.

lucky ali, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  6. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of all my traffic that comes to my blog is from Google. My blog is owned by Google and is connected to my google plus page. Without google I wouldn't get even half of the traffic that I'm getting now.

Social media is a plus by making your product more popular. However a lot of the traffic isn't targeted unless it's from LinkedIn. I think it also depends on the niche as well.

ceenote100, Jun 26, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. Dave Nicholson

Dave Nicholson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my book, the only real concern for marketers should be the quality of their content. If you produce good content, you can build a successful business solely on it and any updates will not matter. Syndicating good content around the web is much easier, and after some time, almost automatic.

Of course, social media, as well as the search engines, can be great supplements, but they will to only be effective with good, unique and engaging content. In the end, all the updates by Google, Facebook or whatever are aimed to put the highest quality content in front of the people that are looking for it, so if you're the one creating it, that's only good news.

Dave Nicholson, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  8. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    everyone loves google

irfansyah, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  9. kohnt01

kohnt01 Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty much hit on the head.

Like Facebook its the best/easiest way to get traffic amongst search engines

kohnt01, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  10. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot really compare a search engine to social networks. Finding your business will be next to impossible if you are not on the search engines but just promote content through social media. Even if you find 1000 relevant groups to share your texts you will still be far from the exposure you get through search engines.

Now, the actual commotion around every update is something I find both natural and oddly amusing ;)
    News often spread very fast and when some "experts" find that info and start to parrot it, this is where the fun begins. Information is often misinterpreted and it gets more and more inaccurate down the line. And each actual updates always sees a lot of movement because there are still a ton of people that use (knowingly or unknowingly) completely archaic and obsolete tactics which eventually hurt them. And when you add that to the fact that the Google Guys are master manipulators and proudly use scare tactics you have a recipe for chaos ;)

Rado_ch, Jul 1, 2015 IP
    ulterios likes this.
  11. Dev thakur

Dev thakur Member

Best Answers:
    Because Google is one of the best search engine and get traffic easily and get genuine traffic also.

Dev thakur, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  12. Burak Ermeydan

Burak Ermeydan Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's free and fast :)

Burak Ermeydan, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  13. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more with you. Of course Google is the leading search engines website so everyone is going to do anything to take advantage of that by trying to get some traffic from Google without realizing that Google aren't the place to go to get traffic as they would have to go through social media first before Google gives some traffic to you. Google is pretty much a middleman if you think about it.

Joshie, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  14. webguy84

webguy84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google has both quantity and quality of traffic. It is tough to rank a website in high positions but when it does happens it makes up for all the work involved.

webguy84, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  15. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's weird to me that I get crawled all day long by google bot, but I get traffic referrals ten times more from yahoo. Looking at my logs it seems to be a location thing.

Karen May Jones, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  16. moneyroad

moneyroad Member

Best Answers:
    Google is most popular search engine in the world now
    People panic talking about updates,- why? Because it is not so easy to appear on the top of search results. If you are in the first place you get traffic, which lead to sales. The money that is why people panic. Some companies hire SEO masters and pay money to them in order to rank on the top.
    Each update can kill income at all!
    SEO traffic is organic and the best traffic which converts into money. Here is my blog post about SEO traffic VS Adwords
    http://www.spiderlinkdirectory.com/seo-traffic-vs-adwords/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    moneyroad, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  17. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the reason why they think Google is the only game in town is because so many people use it.

mentat47, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  18. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People tend to worry and care more about Google for getting traffic to their websites or blogs because in most case, that is where the majority of w website or blog gets it traffic. So, they are more concerned with Google because that is their main source of traffic. Sure, there are exceptions for some websites, but as a whole, most people who have a website or blog get a higher percentage of traffic from Google than from anywhere else.

Social media can also drive some traffic but the numbers in most cases, aren't even close to what they get from Google.

So, people who have websites and blogs that they make money from care about what Google does or what is happening with them. You have to worry about your main source of traffic and potential income/sales/leads/etc...

ulterios, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  19. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the people think that Google is the major source of traffic because lots of users prefer this search engine for their needs and expectations. They are not aware of other platforms that can possibly produce traffic for them and usually the recommendations comes from the search engine.

KylieSweet, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  20. full_time_writer

full_time_writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    nothing is easy

full_time_writer, Jul 14, 2015 IP