1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wordpress css credit/citation

Discussion in 'CSS' started by n00bl3t, Jul 1, 2015.

basically wanted to have a div like this

http://www.unilad.co.uk/video/how-to-troll-your-girlfriend-with-a-retractable-claw/

take a look at the "CREDIT" button/image at the article...

so basically the CREDIT or ORIG post is hidden (link)

so I wanted my wordpress authors/editors to just do:

<div class="credit"> credit link here </div>

and that credit button appears on the published post/article and when clicked popups a small box with the orig post/link

can you guys help?

or is there any other approach on this to make my wordpress authors/editors life easier?

they are currently just copy/pasting the orig link of the article in the post (which looks unpleasant to the eye of the readers/visitors)

n00bl3t, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not seeing any "CREDIT" button or image on that train wreck of how NOT to build a website, and from what you are saying with the popup crap that sounds like scripttardery that doesn't belong on a website in the first blasted place...

Though I'm having severe issues deciphering what it is you are even asking. Of course you're asking about turdpress which uses so much bloated halfwit BS then has the giant pair of brass to call it a website, so you've effectively chopped your horse off at the knees before the gate even dropped.

But from strictly a markup point of view, if it's a citation, use <cite>, you want it to link someplace, use an <a>nchor...

But again, good luck convincing the steaming pile of manure known as turdpress of that.

deathshadow, Jul 4, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.