1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Archers on DP?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jrbiz, Jun 13, 2015.

Sometime last year I posted the fact that my son was taking up archery. It has been very interesting to watch him learn and get better. This morning, we are attending (not participating in) our first Outdoor Archer's Cup put on by USA Archery, so I thought that I would post again to see if anyone on DP is interested in archery.

Here is my son at his birthday party last October. He normally shoots with his own recurve bow, but wanted to use the compound bow that the party place provided:

JohnnyArchery.jpg

I will report back as to how the tournament went, etc.

jrbiz, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, we went to the tournament and it was interesting. We were in awe of some of the equipment. Some of the bows looked like this:

recurve.jpg

The better archers were shooting at targets that were 90 yards away. Some of them will continue on in the ensuing tournaments. Apparently, this was the main organization focusing on the Olympics. The other large U.S. archery organization is more focused on hunting type sports.

This is not a cheap sport. The serious players had a small telescope/tripod right next to their shooting station so that they could see the result of their last shot up close. And there are all types of accessories, etc. The winners of this tournament get to continue on to the next one which is across the country in Southern California. They would have to pay their own way, of course. Glad that my son is just a casual archer (for now, anyway.)

jrbiz, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  3. Knight_Dark26

Knight_Dark26 Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh i try this one with my friends but sad to say archery give on me.just like guitar. i try my best to learn how to play guitar but guitar don't love me.

Knight_Dark26, Jul 1, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have to admit that I have not tried archery, myself. However, the next time we set up the target in the yard for my son to practice, I may piuck up the bow and give it a shot. My son and I (and my wife and daughter, for that matter) are left-handed, so he has a left-handed bow and I will be able to use it.

jrbiz, Jul 1, 2015 IP