1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with my business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Richard Bolduc, Jun 18, 2015.

Hey guys! I started a website and I was wondering how can I monetize it? What would you guys do in order to become a profitable website. Would you add a blog, a store selling amazon products etc.? thank you

website description: it's a website related to calisthenics (body weight training) and there is a nutrition part and a workout part.

Richard Bolduc, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  2. camohit

camohit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Health is a profitable niche which you can cash on if you go right. The viewers to your website will already be interested in improving their health. So, you may add affiliate health related products giving a review about the same. If you have a nice reputation built through your trainings, people would check those products for sure. Second, if you can find a health product offers who also has a network marketing program, its even better as you might advertise something like, "the product is proven to a better health, why not use it and also earn money through it at the same time!" then a bit about how much they can earn etc...
    Keep in mind that you should be perceived as a master in your niche. Wish you luck!

camohit, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  3. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you so much man!

Richard Bolduc, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  4. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Adsense is the most profitable earning method for health niches. Please hire someone to do the right seo before you destroy your seo with spammy links. Good luck!

Zoti Media Group, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  5. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree that affiliate marketing would be your best bet. There are many great affiliate networks and programs available for sports supplements with commissions as high as 50%. It's not uncommon to make $100 from just one sale.

syda, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  6. MoreNiche-Network

MoreNiche-Network Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Richard,

We'd definitely agree with the members above who have suggested affiliate marketing!

I'd suggest to create sections on your site for product reviews & for discounts, and look for relevant fitness and bodybuilding affiliate programs. Supplements certainly pay well and there is a wide range depending on your target audience (newbies or more hardcore, male or female, and their goals). You could also look at affiliate offers for workout / training programs and for muscle foods - high protein foods, shakes and meals.

Many companies will be willing to send you product samples, particularly when they see quality generic content, good layout, social media etc. so that you can test products for yourself, get your followers to test them and run giveaways. The better your site gets the more opportunities available, but hopefully you are passionate about the niche so perhaps have some experience of certain products initially that you could review, and also review products based on the information available online (user reviews, ingredients profile etc).

Definitely make sure to keep a good balance of informational / useful content such as you've already described, and promotional content with more buyer intent, so that you build yourself authority in the niche.

Good luck and if you have any questions or want to run any ideas past us then definitely go ahead!

MN Cat :)

MoreNiche-Network, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  7. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wow thanks a lot guys! This is going to be very helpful! :)

Richard Bolduc, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  8. Rayt64

Rayt64 Peon

Best Answers:
    Commission Junction and Clickbank are great places to find products that you can promote. Or if you have a favorite product or drink that you use they may have their own affiliate program. I always go to the footer on the website and look at all the small links.

Rayt64, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  9. Harmless

Harmless Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    jvzoo also has many products you can promote and earn a commission.

Harmless, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  10. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Richard, I like this type of training and think you should also write about the benefits of this over other types of training... years ago I damaged my shoulder doing dumbbell flys and now just focus on body weight training... maybe others can benefit from knowing why it's a good way to train. also cheaper than the gym membership I had :)

daveman, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  11. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks man! Yes it's a good idea. It's cheaper, yet as effective and the injuries are less frequent then with weights :p

Richard Bolduc, Jul 5, 2015 IP
    daveman likes this.
  12. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may want to add an about page

daveman, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  13. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will add one very soon!

14. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a very good niche, and I do believe a blog will provide you with many benefits. There's a lot to cover in the fitness niche, and a ton of effective products to promote. I would establish an active membership on many fitness and bodybuilding (bodybuilding.com's forums as users who train for all different sports and reasons, not just bodybuildng) forums, where you will find naturals looking to find information on bodyweight training.

Recommend products naturally within the articles, don't just write articles about the products. There are supplement logs all over the net and you can even cover someone's successful journey (linking to the forum as a direct source, people will trust it's a genuine log) with certain supplements. Overall, just make sure you give out real advice, because there's a ton of garbage fitness content that gets promoted by people involved in affiliate marketing. So many bullsh** fads in the fitness industry, avoid these at all costs as it will ruin your reputation in the long run.

I am an active member on many fitness forums so I am saying this from years of experience. Do it right and you will make a ton of cash from your website. I would use Amazon Associates and a blog. Share your content and post as often as possible. Good luck!

cronik, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  15. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also...In your niche you can post unique stuff forever, there's always something new to talk about - so use Adsense and Amazon as your source of income. A store isn't necessary, and will probably be harder to promote than simply using a blog w high quality articles and genuine product recommendations.

cronik, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  16. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot man! I am definitely aiming for that :) adsense and amazon. I also discovered that I love writting my contents :)