1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pls help! Ranking dropped 4 pages. Penalty??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MEF1, Jun 2, 2015.

Hello fellow SEO professionals!! This is my first time posting in this forum, and I need some expert help, please!

I am a semi-newbie at on-page optimization.

I just finished the on-page optimizations for the site, Syrmatech.com. The primary keyword for the home page is "electronic manufacturing services". Prior to my on-page optimizations the site was ranking on Google (India) page 5, and is now suddenly ranking on page 9!! EEK. This morning, I reviewed the page and eliminated a couple instances where I had inserted "electronic manufacturing" perhaps too many times? I've now cut it back to 3 instances on the page, once in the H1 and twice in the body copy.

MY URGENT QUESTION: since I've now removed the keyword by a couple instances, can my home page ranking go back to where it was if it indeed was hit by a penalty?

Many thanks in advance for your expert help!

MEF1, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  2. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you've made recent changes to your website then it probably wasn't a penalty. More than likely, it's got something to do with the changes you recently made. Try adding the keywords back in there a few times and you may see the ranking come back.

FPForum, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  3. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is normal. It's just doing the google dance. It happens to me all the time I go from page 2-11 3-5 1-4 etc all the time. Until you have authority and backlinks it won't be stable.

Franklin Hatchett, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  4. Pawan Kumar Singh

Pawan Kumar Singh Member

Best Answers:
    No, Its not a penalty

Pawan Kumar Singh, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  5. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It takes time to reflect in rankings, once you made the on-page changes. Did you check when was the last time Google crawled your website? Your website homepage has many H1 tags, even slider phrases are falling under H1 tag. A page should have single H1 tag.

karen9999, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  6. AmitSolanki1188

AmitSolanki1188 Member

Best Answers:
    Use Rich Snippet and Do RnD on Reducing Time Loading time by using https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ Tool.
    Make More On Page Optimization. You will get improvement in ranking

AmitSolanki1188, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  7. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    disacow you bad backlinks and make good quality backlinks for you website

meethi jain, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  8. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    What was your website's ranking prior to being in page five?

If it's been constantly jumping around by 10s or 20s, I don't think it's a penalty since it's a common occurrence for the rankings to change. Check your Google Webmaster account, and see if there are any indications that your site has been penalized. Otherwise, play the waiting game and if your rankings don't improve, try reverting it back to its original state pre-penalty.

And no, it won't go back to its original spot instantaneously. It'll either take a week - or several months - to do so.

mikhailblaze, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  9. Helen Elena

Helen Elena Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. It is normal. Dont worry for it.

Helen Elena, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  10. MEF1

MEF1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you all so much for your input! What I did to remedy, in case it was my fault, I removed the additional keywords I had just added. The ranking has been at page 5 since I started on this project, but page 9 seems like such a big jump. From what most of you are saying, this is a normal thing -- the site doesn't have many backlinks & it's hovered around page 5 for a while, that's why I was concerned by the big decrease, which occurred right after I had made changes to the page. The last time the page was crawled was June 1, and I had added additional keywords on the 29th.

Thanks so much also for pointing out the multiple H1's.... I know I need to reduce these to just one. Reduced load time would help too, and quality backlinks which we're going to start working on.

MEF1, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  11. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I won't place the main keyword in the H1 tag.. Maybe in H2 (twice with a different variations!) :)

patco, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  12. MEF1

MEF1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, thanks patco --- so why not in the H1 tag?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    MEF1, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  13. AmitSolanki1188

AmitSolanki1188 Member

Best Answers:
    yes this are best activities in SEO. Remove bad backlinks and create high quality backlinks by guest blogging, business listing & infographics submission

AmitSolanki1188, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  14. MEF1

MEF1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Excellent, thanks, and will do!

MEF1, Jun 30, 2015 IP