1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions for a reddit alternative

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Bashir Naimy, Jun 26, 2015.

Hi everyone,

Been using reddit for a few weeks and getting some mixed results...sometimes it goes very well and brings in 3000 visitors or more, but sometimes sometimes it brings in a few visitors if at all any.

I still want to keep using reddit, but are there any other social Networks that i can use to post my articles that might bring in some more traffic. What i like about reddit is that you can just join a Group and start posting. I only post 1 pr day so i am not excatly spaming or anyhting.

I post to tumber and stumbleUpon and deliciouse, but those are not bringing any traffic, dont help much when you dont have any followers.

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Bashir Naimy, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  2. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    Come one guys, no suggestions what so ever ?

Bashir Naimy, Jun 27, 2015 IP
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Other social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc. can drive good traffic to your sites and blogs.

danasurvey, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  4. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try creating a Google+ page, join some communities that's related to your niche and post your articles on their pages. There is so much traffic on Google+ it's crazy!

ceenote100, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  5. Viviian

Viviian Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you could try Pinterest and Stumbleupon, sometimes it will bring many traffics when you share your articles

Viviian, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  6. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    I am already on stumbleupon, facebook and Pinterest. Not seeing that many visitors from those networks, perhaps I need to join some large groups.... never thought of that.But will group allow me to post there just like that?

Thanks

Bashir Naimy, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  7. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    I am already on stumbleupon, facebook and Pinterest. Not seeing that many visitors from those networks, perhaps I need to join some large groups.... never thought of that.But will group allow me to post there just like that?

Thanks

Bashir Naimy, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't stop on using Reddit, tumblr and StumbleUpon and delicious but keep on finding different platforms that are possible for exposing your content. Such as blogspot, ezine, and guest posting from related websites.

KylieSweet, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  9. Kelly Richardson

Kelly Richardson Member

Best Answers:
    how about you stop just posting and try to optimise your work?
    Like with pinterest, you should use semrush to analyze it, then find which pages releted to your niche is ranking well and to which group or a communty it belongs. Then you try to figure out how to a make a contribution to this community which would accept your post with link to your site in order to get traffic. Try to be creative. Just reposting pages from your site would bring traffic not so often.
    At least I think with reddit you done your job well - you know what community wants, which interest they have got so then you can present them something interesting from your site.
    Stumbleupon and delicous is just socialbookmarks - unless you make a thousand of account to like your own page it wouldn't pop up to other users. So it better not to bombard with link all those social networks but to snipe at best place that will get 100% sucessfull.

Kelly Richardson, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  10. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    My work is pretty good, problem is as you mentioned...if you dont have that big of a following then you might as well be shouting in the desert.
    I think the best thing for me now would be to keep posting in Reddit as that does bring in 2-3k visitors pr day and then concentrate more on getting into larger Groups in the same nitch
    and start posting relevant and interesting stuff there.

Not sure if you guys have noticed this, but alot of People are using adblocker now, about 47% of my visitors are using adblockers.
    I now put in a filter that gives the adblocke user a large message filling their screen saying that we dont mind you using adblocker, but please
    consider supporting the site by sharing the content.

Lets see if it help, and if i loose these adblock users...then its no loss as they are just freeloaders and
    not really contributing in anyway.

Thanks for the good suggestion

Bashir Naimy, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  11. Kelly Richardson

Kelly Richardson Member

Best Answers:
    I do not support your attitude because I think it is wrong. Biggest part of users are freeloaders and leechers thats how modern internet is. And we, webmasters, are the cause that users started to use adblock and we are the reason why it so popular. For what purpose you made your site - to provide content or an advertisement to users? If you wanna make money you can just create doorways and direct traffic to an affiliate network offers, or affiliate program or a second tier ppc.
    In your place, if I wanted to make profit from your site in signature I would just contact binary options or forex affiliate program manager with proposal like "hey, I have got this site, and I have got community with it, also I can bring traffic to new posts, how about you write for me an interesting post which will sell your service, bring registrations and deposits, I post it, then bring traffic and then we count money together? I can work on CPA basis like a registration with a deposit will make me $100". Try to convert traffic into money not just by advertisement near content - make content that will bring you money.
    I hope explained it clear.
    Also about pinterest - there are mainly females, better try quora or yahoo answers.

12. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    The link in my signature is not the the website in question, that a dead site for now but will b launched soon.
    But i totally dissagre with you on that its the webmasters fault and that the poor users are forced to use adblockers, anyone who knows anything about
    the internett knows that its not free. Regardless how you look at it, someone somewere is paying for it. Reality is that those users who use adblockers have the free and lazy
    mentally. They believe just because its on the internett its free, and majority of these same users pirate games and software and feel entitles to that as well.

Your idea is that either you do it for money or because you just want to share content, that is wrong assumtion in my opinion....the world is not black and white as you make it out to be.
    I enjoy creating the content and i enjoy the nitch, however i also have server cost to cover...not everyone is using the 10 dollar hostin plan. And mark my words, Google will find a way to Block these users out by next year because they are endangering the Google business Scheme that all evolves around ads. These lazy adblockers want to use youtube and enjoy the content the content creators are creating, but dont want to see ad. But what these idiots dont realize that running youtube is costing a shitloads of money and youtube is not making any money and its actualy loosing money. So if everyone starts using adblockers then they will either get locket out or youtube might og over to a Subscription based Access....you think these adblocker users are willing to pay for youtube...hell no...these are leeching scumbags....no need to suger coat it.

So if the users are coming to me site, around 100k pr month..and quite alot are returning vistors tell me that they enjoy the content...but they dont want the ads...then fuck em.
    Its my site, and i dont own these leeches anything, if they dont want to turn of adblocker then they are free to move alone and should have nothing to moan about.

13. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there are any sites that are like Reddit Bash. That's what makes reddit so unique. You can try hubski.com but its no where the same.

There's Digg and Mixx oh and Newsvine and Shoutwire.

Oh and there's Voat.co which is meant to be like Reddit's little brother and metareddit.com

Some others. You can check out http://www.gabbr.com/ Gabbr is very similar to Digg and Reddit in many ways

Check out http://www.topix.com/ and http://www.techmeme.com/

PS. Come on Skype!

Mkcoy, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  14. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions m8, ill check em out when i get home.
    Right now i have to pack my stuff and get home, at the Office right now.

Ill come online as soon as i get home , talk to you then :)

15. Kelly Richardson

Kelly Richardson Member

Best Answers:
    FYI the biggest google corp asset is not bunch of advertisers but the users. That why they dictate rules, create, buy and maintaine many services that are not directly profitable - to ensure that they base of users will not go elsewhere. Advertisers are bound to where people are but users aren't because they can choose which search engine to use. And if market feels that there not enough of search engines to cover each group of users then you will see a new boom of search engine companies. Also they have got big amout of investments to support their way of protecting best user expirience and they will continue to have this money as long as there are users because the users are the asset not ads or advertisers or webmasters. Also the same thinks all those social network you are posting your posts to get traffic and I don't see them fighting adblock users.
    Personally I don't mind adblock users (maybe because in my niche only about 10% of users got it) and I don't mind your way of making money but I think you should know that no one owes you anything, even users, google or social networks.
    Also if you have got already a active community and don't care about leechers - why not make it with paid subscription if your information so valueble so people visit your site? Leechers will go away but the paying core will remain and you would not need to think about monetization, ads and adblock issues. If you have got issues with monetization try something different from usual ads and adsense.

16. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    Fair Points, only point i want to make is that alot of users these days are used to getting everything for free and its hurting the bloggers and content creators.
    Lets imagine 100k people like this youtube channel, the ads generate Income for this content creator and makes it possible for him to spend his time and create what all these users are enjoying for free.
    Now lets say these 100k users tomorrow starts using adblockers, the content creater goes from something to nothing, he can no longer create that content because he would get a regular job to maintain himself.

Now most ads can be skiped after 5 Seconds, is that really that much of a inconvenience to beeing able to see these shows for free, and seeing a few ads in the sidebar of a website...is that so hard.
    I feel these people just love to moan and complain and complain, honestly they dont really have ANY valid reasons if you think about it...the result is that the content that they used to watch is no longer there.

This hurts all parties, not just the blogger or the user..the entire internett eco system is build around this...and we are still not at that point that
    people are willing to pay a monthly Subscriptions to get Access to sites. Majority dont want to pay, so the least they could do is to deal with the ads.

Anyways, to long of a post

17. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure that you are working on it as a real human being.

Dario McNut, Jul 9, 2015 IP