1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is a reasonable amount to expect to pay for this content to be written?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by BMR777, Jun 29, 2015.

Hello,

I am starting a website where I review various TV shows and Movies and so far I have been writing all of the copy for the reviews myself. I am considering hiring someone to help write the reviews, but I have no idea what pricing is in the ballpark for what I am looking for.

Basically I am looking for reviews of either TV shows or Movies that are a couple of paragraphs long. The copy should explain the basic plot of the TV show or movie and then draw the user in to watch the content.

I was thinking that $.50 per each one of these reviews might be a good price, but part of me wonders if that is not enough. For those of you who write content, what can I reasonably expect to pay for something like the above? I'm wondering if it would be cost effective to hire someone to write reviews and fill the site with content or if I should just keep doing all the reviews myself.

Thanks!

BMR777, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  2. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no standard.

A really good writer who produces stuff that makes sense, entices readers to stick around and doesn't need editing can cost you anything from 3c to $1 per word. Or more. Or less. It all depends on where they live, the exact nature of the work, how much effort is involved, what you expect them to do, etc.

A cheap writer would do a lot more words for a lot less money, but you get what you pay for. So either you'll end up editing the work to get it to make sense, or you'll live with rubbish content. And trust me, rubbish content isn't worth the cheap price you pay for it: there's no ROI.

In this case, you're talking about a fair bit of research, unless you find someone who watches an inordinate amount of TV, because you need them not only to say what the series is, but get them to express WHY it's worth watching. And research takes time.

WLEadmin, Jun 30, 2015 IP
    BMR777 likes this.
  3. bluntlycreative

bluntlycreative Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, it depends on the quality of stuff you need. You could go on fiverr and get something done for $5, or you could find someone who actually does it for a living and pay a bit more. The biggest difference is always going to be the quality.

bluntlycreative, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  4. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies! If I did go with someone to write the copy, I guess I would need someone who does a fair amount of TV watching, rather than having someone watch to do research and write about the topic.

BMR777, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Probably because it's not. Not even close.

dcristo, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  6. cm94577

cm94577 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would pay for quality and find someone that watches a great deal of television. It's worth it to get the quality over someone who is just writing tons of words for next to nothing. It's generally just mumbo jumbo that half of us won't even understand.

cm94577, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  7. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would definitely hire someone who knows with words and who watches tv and films. Nothing beats a genuine idea. And for that you should pay more.

cwvps1, Jul 15, 2015 IP