1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search site like Justeat, Autotrader and wahanda

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sabahat, Jun 29, 2015.

Hi there,

Could someone put me in a right direction. I want to build a search site like the examples given above. Not as advanced as they are. But to some basic level. where a user can search based on "location" and then using "filters" can view the listing. thats it. Is there any off the shelf solution available? any library/CMS that can get me achieve that.

Kindly guide me here.

Regards,
    Sab

sabahat, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  2. ajf7688

ajf7688 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would use a web framework like Django(Python) or Yii2(PHP) for this, both of these require programming knowledge.
    If you need a CMS or CMF, use Drupal, it has modules such as Views and Panels.
    In a nutshell, views let you query your data based on exposed filters you define, these views can be put inside a panel in drupal which can be used by your users.
    Views module acts like a query builder to fetch data and panels module acts like a site-builder to create pages for your web application.

ajf7688, Jul 22, 2015 IP