1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hex Color Code Picker - great tool for webdesign!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Nonilol, Jun 24, 2015.

Hey Digitalpointers,
    I am a webdesign student and around 3 years ago I made this little tool for color picking and thought I might share it so others can profit, too.

Basically it just gets the color value of the pixel at your mousepointers location and allows you to copy the Hex, RGB or RGBA color code to clipboard.

[​IMG]

I have checked the rules before and I think posting this goes fine with them.
    If not, please tell me so I can remove this thread.

The software is free of ads and doesnt require install.

Download

http://nonizone.net/blog/hex-color-code-picker/
    Code (markup):
    Have fun!

Nonilol, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  2. Atik Hasan

Atik Hasan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great Job

Atik Hasan, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest further enhancing it so that it shows luma from the YCbCr formula and letting two colours be managed at once so accessibility can be accounted for -- possibly using the WCAG 2.0 AA and AAA pass/fail rates as well as a percentage conversion.

Something like what webaim has done here:
    http://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

Having more colourspaces would make it more useful in terms of adjustment as well. Print HSL, Emissive chroma/luma -- they're all important to understand and test for and/or work with when choosing colours for web design and development.

I've been toying with the idea of building something like this for a while, but never quite get around to doing it.

deathshadow, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  4. Nonilol

Nonilol Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot for your suggestions! Will trying to implement that in the next version!

Nonilol, Jun 28, 2015 IP