1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to remove laptop low disk space problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Reginaton3, Sep 25, 2014.

Do you guys know how to remove C partition low disk problem? In fact, this problem came last Monday. When I was trying to install my new photo editing program, the Windows stopped the process and told me my C partition was in low disk space. Up to now, this problem has stopped me several times to install some new tools there. So, do you have any idea for me to resolve this problem? Do I have to buy another larger drive? One more thing, I am using Windows 7. Please, help me!

Reginaton3, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  2. James Adam

James Adam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try Using System Restore in your windows 7 :), or u can install photo editing program on other partition :D

James Adam, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  3. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go into your Control Panel, then Programs and Features and Uninstall any Software you don't use anymore.

Then go through your Documents/Images/Videos and delete old data you don't need or burn it to a CD Disc then delete it off your PC.

Then Empty your Recycle Bin, Clean Cache and Cookies.

Now you should have plenty more space on your hard drive and the error message will disapear ;)

amcg, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  4. Droid82

Droid82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should upgrade your hard drive. If budget is not an issue. Even if you are able to install your software, photo editing requires ample space so your computer won't freeze. You should also have plenty of room for your raw and edited photos.. ;)

Droid82, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  5. einstein72

einstein72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    einstein72, Oct 26, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    it is very hard issue. Windows updates are enabled... It will install updates taking up more space.
    Other software looks for updates, Acrobat Reader, iTunes, your Anti Virus and many more.

jasmeencress, Oct 31, 2014 IP
  7. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps your HDD is partitioned, for example C:/ for windows and D:/ for your crap, in which case, you may have only deleted your stuff in D:/ , so try uninstalling some useless programs and games, or by using a program like "Partition Magic" you can increase the amount of space in your main partition C:/ by taking some from D:/. Hope this helps.

jasmeencress, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  8. maxmaurya

maxmaurya Member

Best Answers:
    simply use Partitioning tool (Partition Magic (freeware) for it
    and extend your C drive

maxmaurya, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  9. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to use this software for business I suggest you upgrade your hard disk if you really have low disk space. Even if you were able to install it, you’ll experience lagging problems when using it if you have low disk space. If you have another partition with more space then you can try installing the software there. Hopefully it will be installed with no problem.

nard, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  10. Alice_Phoebe

Alice_Phoebe Peon

Best Answers:
    Clean up the hard disk drive
    You can consider removing programs that you don't use and moving large media files (videos, music, graphics) to other partition. clean up large junk files and unnecessary apps.
    Need larger hard disk
    If you find your C drive is out of space frequently, it may be necessary to upgrade or add another hard disk to your computer.
    Add another hard disk
    If you have a decent sized hard drive (larger than 100GB for more recent computers), but are running out of space, adding a new hard disk will give you additional storage without having to erase the existing hard drive. This could be either an internal or external hard disk.
    Replace current hard drive
    Unfortunately, if you do decide to do this, you will need to reinstall the operating system and all the programs again.
    Upgrade current hard drive to a larger hard drive
    If your hard disk is less than 100GB, upgrading the current hard disk to a larger hard disk.
    Extend c drive
    Try to increase C drive size, you can extend C drive with EaseUS Partition Master.

Alice_Phoebe, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  11. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since it's a laptot, you can't expand its memory physically. i.e. by adding external hardisks etc. What you can do is just try to free space that's already there. (I know that old laptops begin to fill up pretty quickly, part of the reason being that almost anything will take more space today thatn, say, 6 years prior. Your system file is larger, Photoshop is larger, even simple graphic games. Which is a no-brainer, but comes at the cost of you having to change your laptop serially.)
    You should uninstall most of the things you have. There really is not point to "own" digitally something. That is, unless it's a program you have to use. (All those programs "you think you might use", you need to uninstall them.)

SocialSignals, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  12. bluntlycreative

bluntlycreative Peon

Best Answers:
    What i always do is use a program called CCleaner.

bluntlycreative, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  13. stevenwatson011

stevenwatson011 Member

Best Answers:
    Delete temp files and cache files to save some space and also install softwares in other drive.

stevenwatson011, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  14. Ethan Lewis

Ethan Lewis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You go to my computer and right click to c partition and go to properties and click Disk cleanup. All unnecessary files like temp and it will resolve your problem.

Ethan Lewis, Jan 25, 2016 IP