1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Solve my probl and get 3 month my Signature

Discussion in 'PHP' started by robyries, Jun 20, 2015.

Hi,..

I'm running php script on my quote site that I bought from someone on forum, he currently get banned and can't get to him anymore.

when I login to my control panel, I see there's a big error file on my cpanel, when I check it say error my on sql database even my site still running, I think this error create every user visit my site, anyone can help me..

here an error that I got
    PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in .........fakepath/blabla/bla/bla/db.php on line 42
    Code (markup):
    when I check on db.php at line 42 it say something like this:
    $db=mysql_connect(QA_FINAL_MYSQL_HOSTNAME, QA_FINAL_MYSQL_USERNAME, QA_FINAL_MYSQL_PASSWORD);
    Code (markup):
    anyone can solve this, get my signature for 3 month.
    thanks

robyries, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That's a warning, not an error. It is very true that the mysql_ extension is deprecated, and should be exchanged with other means of connecting to the database (either mysqli_ or PDO) - however, it will take more than just fixing that one line. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the database queries and connections will have to be rewritten. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  3. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As @PoPSiCLe said, you need to stop using mysql and upgrade to PDO, which is really not that difficult to do. Feel free to PM me if you would like my help.

As a temporary solution you could hide the errors until you get it fixed. Just add the following at the top of the php file or in your header for the admin panel.

ini_set('display_errors',0);

PHP:

Anveto, Jun 20, 2015 IP
    ThePHPMaster likes this.
  4. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ha ha ha ha,..... thanks mate, I got your point, maybe I should stick with these code..

robyries, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  5. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    As the others stated above, you'd have to implement either PDO or MySQLi eventually. Without digging into any detailed arguments, as either sides can be very nuanced, it's been almost a decade since we've been first (subtly) told to stop using mysql_ functions.

Not that it's any of my business, but shouldn't you at least have their email address or something?

Phil S, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    No, you should definitely NOT stick with the code. You should fix it, or if you're not up to the task yourself, pay someone to fix it. It's a security threat, and it will be more than just warnings if your host upgrades their PHP-package. The mysql_ extension is going the way of the dodo - way too slow, but that's how it works when catering to people not fixing their code is more important than removing insecure code from the codebase.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 21, 2015 IP
    deathshadow and Anveto like this.
  7. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest solution would be to open cPanel (which I believe you said you were using), open "EasyApache" and rebuild Apache with PHP 5.4 (or lower).

As soon as it's done your script will run without giving the warning.

Avener, Jun 21, 2015 IP
    ThePHPMaster likes this.
  8. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah of course, when you encounter an issue you just sweep in under the rug. Having your website vulnerable to trivial exploits such as an SQL injection is a serious problem, and should be dealt with asap.

Phil S, Jun 21, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  9. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    That is the worst suggestion I've read on this forum, I think. And I'm including the umpteen versions of "my host is DA BEST", the scam-artists, the broken engrish me luff you wong time posts and most everything else. Seriously. Shut up.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 21, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  10. HostPuma

HostPuma Active Member

Best Answers:
    EasyApach is in WHM, not cPanel.

You can't fix a problem by downgrading PHP on the server, not only its a high security risk, but it will cause problems for other websites hosted on the same server.

HostPuma, Jun 21, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are exaggerating the problem.
    First of all, the user wanted to keep using the same code which is why I gave the advice.
    If the queries are properly sanitized then the website won't be vulnerable to trivial exploits such as an SQL injection.

People were using MYSQL withput PDO for years, and the majority didn't have any problems.

Assuming that other websites are hosted on the same server, yes.

Avener, Jul 3, 2015 IP
    ThePHPMaster likes this.
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just here to laugh at the 3 months of FREE signature advertising........ . . .haha

NetStar, Jul 5, 2015 IP
    deathshadow likes this.