1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Are You Using Your Web Host?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by HMB Shiraz, Jun 13, 2015.

I'm doing a little bit of research, and I'd appreciate if some people could help with my questions- Why are you using the web host that you are currently using? How did you find them?

HMB Shiraz, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  2. HostPuma

HostPuma Active Member

Best Answers:
    The main features you need to look in a web host is:

Price: It needs to be within your budget.

Features: Must have the features "Your" web site requires.

Uptime: You need your website online 24/7.

Support: If you face problems, you need someone on other side whois able to help you solve these problems.

HostPuma, Jun 14, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  3. HostPuma

HostPuma Active Member

Best Answers:
    True and I answered his question indirectly, if someone find the 4 features available in a web host, then he will remain with that web host.

However, one web host can work for someone, but not for another. Some might be looking for a web host with cheap IP's, another needs more space and bandwidth..etc

and regardless of the web host they choose, they will all need the 4 features above.

HostPuma, Jun 17, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  4. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I work for HostZealotm som naturally, I host with them. Why did I choose them? Feeling of security. No money and no promises can give it, it just comes from within. Many customers said this in tickets, now I experienced it too. All erquests are completed fast, mistakes are corrected before they lead to failures, hardware condition is monitored 24/7 to avoid crashdowns and service interruption. HostZealot even replaces/updates their equipment on their own expense, which is also taken very positively by customers.

About price, features, uptime and support - price is slightly above medium range, but service quality compensates for it. Everything else is great, backed up by diversity of locations - 6 points of presence on 3 continents and 5 more colocation datacenters form a trustworthy network.

H0stZealot, Jun 17, 2015 IP
  5. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    The price difference is not much because web hosting market is very competitive. The server uptime and level of support is what makes you stick to your hosting provider.

Andy-Jones, Jun 17, 2015 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Boy, what a bunch of bull...anyone following this advice deserves a low quality host and constant downtimes. How you can say such a thing defines any common logic and i won't even get into it.

As this seems like the typical thread where everyone just want to throw a link to their host/affiliate, I will give in to this constant influx and start self-advertising myself...

Why WebHostFace? Because support, more than anything else, is the main difference between the thousands of hosts today. No matter how good you are with servers chances are you will need support one time or another. So pick carefully and don't fall for the fake reviews all over the web, as those are mostly sponsored. Test for yourself, this is the best judge!

Rado_ch, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  7. Harmanpreet

Harmanpreet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've some experience with that A Small Orange, their support is fast and good, no waiting queues and I've read reviews here, of-course this website uses no aff. links http://hostingreviews.io/web-hosting/shared and all the reviews are from twitter, collected from real people, SiteGround is on the #1 but it is costly as compare to ASO.

ASO is great and I used this coupon CH15OFF while signing up and it gave 15% off, you can try that, if it's still valid.

Harmanpreet, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  8. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use my host to watch movies.

This is the stupiest forum question I have ever read in my last 15/years forums experience.

I will share this one in Facebook lool

Zoti Media Group, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  9. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using mine because of their support plain and simple. I was with a terrible host previously who my last host foisted me on after they stopped being a host and doing software only and it was a terrible experience I was treated like complete trash and got spoken down to like I was a moron for not knowing how to do things like change Apache config settings which was something I wasnt able to do anyway from my cpanel and the git even disable all ability to install WP so I complained to my old host crew who put me with them and they recommended me to StableHost who Ive been with ever since and it's been a happy and positive experience ever since. :) The price was a little more but its the support that I receive that makes it what it is.

Cheers!

Mkcoy, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  10. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to leave the advertisements aside at least when you are entering a discussion with someone. We got it, you work/are affiliated to Serveria and they are great. This had nothing to do with the current discussion so you can just "gently" slip an ad there.

You are assuming that a group of people share the mindset that they are ready to sacrifice quality for a cheap price. I still disagree. Put a poll on any hosting forum or blog and you will find that even the people looking for "cheap" are also looking for "best", "reliable", "high quality". No one will straight up stand up and say that they want to get cheap cr@p, right? ;)

What you said was "I do agree with you because price is one of the highest discussing topic, it might be okay with lesser quality but price must be lower" and I say that this is simply not true and saying "lesser quality" and "might be ok" in one sentence simply implies you don't really value your host.

Nothing personal against you, I just don't want random people that need help reading and following bad advice.

Rado_ch, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  11. fatcat1991

fatcat1991 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am with stouthosting and they are DMCA friendly so i am using them :D

fatcat1991, Jun 24, 2015 IP