1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Easy way to get "free traffic" as a beginner - one method included: Part 1

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Chad Eztraffic, Jun 7, 2015.

I often see new threads popping up on DP something along the line of “ how to get traffic to my website” so I decided to share my experience and what I think is important in getting traffic. I’ll be focusing on “free traffic” for now. Since there is so much to talk about traffic, I am going to break this into 2 parts, the first one is about the basic, the second one is the method. I hope you’ll enjoy.

Start from the very basic:

1. Register domain names from expired domain listing

It would usually cost you somewhere around $10 - $15 per domain name and you’d get a chance to register an aged domain name which Google loves very much. And you should register a domain name which has your target keyword in it. Let’s say you want to have a blog about bathtubs, you should register something like “www.bathtubsforlife.com.”

I find this website to be the easiest to use:

www.expireddomains.net

OR if you don’t want to spend more than 10 bucks for a domain name, then you should look out for Godaddy discount promotions, you’ll get a domain for less than 5 bucks most of the times.

(but it requires a credit card purchase, you can’t use Paypal)

2. Make sure your website is mobile responsive

If you plan on getting free traffic from Google, having a mobile responsive website is a must, no matter if most of your traffic is desktop or mobile.

You can search for many cool templates here:

www.themeforest.net

Or you can also hire someone to design one for you here:

www.fiverr.com - cheap, starting from $5.25 (with the new processing fees, it’s no longer Fiverr, it’s Fiverrish)

www.odesk.com - quite expensive, but usually a lot better in quality.

But be very careful with Fiverr sellers because the majority of freelancers there are very low quality, but don’t get discouraged, there are hidden gems there, you need to take sometime and find a good designer for yourself.

About Odesk, there are more quality people there BUT I heard that there are freelancers from Odesk outsource all the work to Fiverr and charge a lot of money. So, be careful, interview them thoroughly before you hire.

3. Get your website is ready for search engines

Make sure your website title explains what the website is all about, and having your target keyword in it as well is highly recommended.

Target keyword: bathtubs

domain: www.bathtubforlife.com

title: Enjoy your bathtub time even more with my tips and tricks

Your title would be shown like this on Google:

[​IMG]

If you want to know more about this, I would recommend you to search about “ on-page optimization “ or the link below:

https://seo-hacker.com/complete-site-optimization-tutorial/

I hope you enjoyed my first part of my “ getting traffic to my website “ series. The next part would be out tomorrow. Stay tuned. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me here.

* For those of you who don't have a web host yet or not satisfied with your current host, go check www.hostwinds.com, their servers and support are amazing, the maximum wait time that I have encountered was 42 seconds. You can check for yourself. If you like it, you can use my coupon to get your 99% off for your first month: 99percentcoupon. You don't necessarily need to use my coupon to get started with Hostwinds, though.

Chad Eztraffic, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  2. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice write up! I like how you broke things down into components. A lot of time when people try to explain things to beginners they tend to get too technical or use terms that are confusing to a beginner. Great article for beginners as well as advanced users. It never hurts to read and get good techniques refreshed in your memory.

I look forward to the next.

P.S. I loved this part : (with the new processing fees, it’s no longer Fiverr, it’s Fiverrish)

ulterios, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  3. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    I am very glad you liked it! I'll finish the second part soon and post here on DP. About Fiverr, I hate the processing fees so much that I use Fiverr very rare now.

Chad Eztraffic, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  4. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's great. Back when I first started developing domains I didn't know much about getting traffic to my sites. I looked all over the internet and had trouble finding good articles that spoke in beginner terms. They tended to get too technical. The way you wrote this really makes it easier on someone new to it.

I look forward to the next part, this one was a real good read.

As for Fiverr, I haven't yet used them. I was going to a couple times for odds and ends things but the sellers either didn't reply back to me when I asked a question or when they did it was a week or two. I got discouraged and just walked away from using it. I might try it one of these days.

Again, I really liked this article. I check for your next one.

ulterios, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  5. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that mostly one freelancer there has many accounts with different countries and profiles. They create the same gig on many accounts so they'd have more chance to get an order. So getting a reply from them is quite slow and that is one of the good signs to tell if a freelancer has many accounts.

6. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    very nice suggestions, but I always found expired domains thing to relying a lot on luck. Not easy to choose the best domains and using your budget efficiently. Also, you need many domains to actually taking advantage of expired domains.

7. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Jake. I suggest buying an expired domain name to build a website, not to redirect. They only need to buy one domain not more than that.

8. Richard Seaton

Richard Seaton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are spot on!
    My take on this is to use your blog as the HUB of your business and work from there.
    Concentrate on FREE traffic to begin building a following and a list.

I personally decided at the start to use my blog as the hub of my business and build my list through it. It has worked for me and a year later I am getting residual income and daily opt-ins to my business...

Here's How I Do This

I 'invite' people from lots of different places back to the blog so they can find out about my business. They come through 'free' traffic like Facebook and Twitter, and also through 'paid' traffic such as Solo Ads. I also post regularly to my blog and tell everyone on Twitter, Facebook and other Social Media platforms about my new post with a link. I also email my growing list with the link.

I never try to sell on my blog. It is the place where I try to build Know, Like and Trust with people just to get them engaged.

I do this with a free high-value Front End Offer on the blog - in my case a free video course. People access the videos from the blog opt-in form, and go on to my list. They then receive regular emails containing each free video in sequence, plus they get a 'Call To Action' to buy my front end offer.

This leads on to further products in the funnel - whether they buy or not - and this process goes on in the auto-responder for about two months. At some point they opt-in to other free products and are moved to another funnel which goes on up to the back end hi ticket sales of $1000 and more.

It takes time to create all this, but that's my way of building a sustainable business with recurring income, as some of the mid-ticket sales are monthly subscriptions. Hope this helps...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Richard Seaton, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  9. Akram Khunaizi

Akram Khunaizi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am having difficulty in building the trust thing
    I tried re tweeting other people products
    I tried pinning other people post on pinterest
    I tried press releases
    What else can I do?
    My website type is a freelancing niche
    Any way, thanks for the tips

Akram Khunaizi, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  10. Richard Seaton

Richard Seaton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    would you like to pm your website to me and I'll take a look and see if there's anything I can suggest?

Richard Seaton, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  11. Akram Khunaizi

Best Answers:
    Thank you
    Plz chk your inbox
    regards,

Akram Khunaizi, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  12. tafser

tafser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thinking.... What can i learn from here? What actually is title & what i am getting . :( :eek:

tafser, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  13. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    As you may have read, this is just the first part. Are you a beginner? If you are not, then it's not going to be suitable for you as what I am going to post for the next part is aimed to help complete beginners to gain traffic.

Chad Eztraffic, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  14. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the problem is that you have not written something of your own? (you only retweet and repin). You have to understand that social media traffic does not convert as well.

I think Richard has already given you some good advice.

Chad Eztraffic, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  15. Akram Khunaizi

Best Answers:
    Yes he did and I appreciate his efforts
    And thank you for the replay
    Regards,

Akram Khunaizi, Jun 15, 2015 IP