1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Simple wordpress share window popup when user posts

Discussion in 'Programming' started by relatedr, Jun 13, 2015.

Hello.

I need someone that can write me a little code I can add in to functions or make it a plugin.

When a user writes a post on my wordpress site the post is automatically published and the user is redirected to his post on my website.
    What is needed:
    At this exact moment I need a "share this post" window to popup in the middle of the screen offering the user to share this post via facebook.
    All users are connected to my site via facebook so they won't need to sign into facebook first.

Also I need the function to also predefine what facebook group it should be shared on so the user only needs to hit the share button or if they don't want to cancel button. Most users on my site are members of this group but by some chance one user isn't just make the function define the location their wall.

Most posts user submit include images so I need the post to be structured so when they do push the share button it will appear like this on the facebook group wall:

[Title]
    [Image][Preview of Content]

The title should be a link that when is clicked on brings users to my post located on my website.

I can pay via paypal or fiverr if you are a user and would like the feedback, I'll cover the fee's ;)

I need this asap so if someone is up for the task please name your price and I'll be in contact.

Thanks,
    p.s. I know I'm asking for this asap but I also know that someone with good knowledge can do this in an hour or less so don't go asking $100 for this that won't happen.

p.s.s. If I accept your offer I need to see it working on your server/wordpress site before paying.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    relatedr, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  2. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    12 years experience with HTML, PHP, CSS, JS and MySQL. I was very interested i this until i read this part

You do realise that setting up such a demo would almost take more time then the work your asking for, and therefor a $100 is more then justified and might even be just to little to cover it.

If you want an Indian that works at $5 an hour, then you should specify it :)

cLogik, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  3. relatedr

relatedr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It takes MAYBE 5 minutes to setup a free hosting account at freewebhostingarea.com and they offer one click wordpress installation?
    So basically you are saying doing what I'm asking for will take you less than 5 minutes but if you have to install the wordpress it will take you almost 10 minutes so you are asking more than $10 per minute?

4. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    It's a lot more work then just clicking the install button for wordpress. I'm not here to argue about it, i'm telling you, with 12 years of experience, that what your asking is more work then you think, and your demo requirements are making most of the work and it made me ignore this post instantly.

I don't mean to be rude, it's just a friendly advice. If you don't want to take it, then so be it :) I'm not going to force you, nor do i really care.

As a second note. Any serious developer won't accept small jobs like these without a full payment upfront, and they would then usually work directly of your server to avoid any extra work setting up demos and test scenarios. This ad will give you one thing, and one thing only, wanna-be-programmers who barely knows what their doing and is willing to work for days for next to nothing. Again, it's not meant in any negative way. Just a heads-up from a full-time freelancer who's been doing this for a while.

cLogik, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  5. relatedr

relatedr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't mind paying upfront if it's through a third party (escrow) but you know as well as me that the amount of money scammed from people on this site every day is pretty high so I thought of this as a protection for both parties involved. If you are a odesk, fiverr, freelance user I can pay there also because I do business on these sites all the time, I just needed this quick fix asap so I posted it here.

After working with dozens of freelances over the years I have found that almost everyone already has the platform up and running! If you are selling yourself as a photoshop designer you won't ask the client for a remote control to his computer so you can work on photoshop there and you won't ask your client to work on their wordpress account if you are selling yourself out as an wordpress developer.

I'm asking for a FUNCTION or a PLUGIN which works with the standard facebook share plugin (well documented) and the wordpress standard post type (well documented) so there is NO reason you need to do it on the clients wordpress account. I'm not sure you are as experienced in this business as you say! So please take your sorry excuses somewhere else

6. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Edit:

"Client is always right" lol.

I'm sorry, i will take my sorry excuses elsewhere. Good luck to you. Your going to need it. Who doesn't love a client that pretends that they know the shit better then the person they hire to do it! If it's so simple, ignore this thread and go do it yourself :)

One should have been enough. Maybe your the problem and not the freelancers.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    cLogik, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  7. Valkyrie™

Valkyrie™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't know if the original poster knows about these stuffs, this guy seems to think he knows everything there is to know about developing something. If you are an expert yourself, you should not need to hire someone else. If you are gonna dictate that I would only need an hour and pay for that hour by the standard of where you live that's a very lame approach to any developer except for the Indians. You probably should have mentioned this is only for them, because, you need them asap and you need them at a petty rate.

Valkyrie™, Jun 14, 2015 IP