1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anchor text?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by satimis, Jun 13, 2015.

Hi all,

Anchor text? I don't know the exact term which I'm looking.

I expect providing an exact URL to reader so that on clicking it he/she will immediately browse the topic on a web page instead of reading from the top of that page to find the topic.

For example on;
    http://bakery.satimis.com/diabetes-friendly-bread/

there are several recipes. What will be the URL for 3) Bread, Whole Wheat Bread?

Thanks

Regards
    satimis

satimis, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  2. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    That's not a valid question. What the hell are you even asking here?
    If even you don't know what you want, don't expect people to just magically guess what you want.

Phil S, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  3. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far I know anchor text means keywords on the paragraph and link on the keywords. Don't submit your full website into the anchor just build links on the keywords.

Atikur, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  4. RezzRaygun

RezzRaygun Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean a link that will scroll the page to a particular location of the page, an anchor link?

The most basic way to do this is to have the element on the page with an ID, for example

<div id="recipe3">
    Code (markup):
    and link to that ID using a # before it.

<a href="#recipe3">Recipe 3</a>
    Code (markup):

RezzRaygun, Jun 13, 2015 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  5. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought at first but then I read this : "I expect providing an exact URL to reader [...]". Maybe the OP wants to pull content and display it on the same page? It's still very unclear though.

On a side note, the ID attribute is not specific to DIV. From a semantic standpoint, a recipe in its standard format shouldn't be a DIV, but a definition list (DL).

And for heaven's sake toss that markup away! It's absolute garbage! This :
    class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-504"
    Code (markup):
    is proof enough. What else to expect from wordpress, it easily candidates for the worst CMS ever made, and some really get messy. It literally fails at everything, from successfully delivering content to actually deploying HTML correctly.

Phil S, Jun 13, 2015 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  6. RezzRaygun

RezzRaygun Member

Best Answers:
    Is it possible that the original poster means displaying the recipes dynamically and by 'anchor text' basically means a 'read more' type link that opens a single recipe in its own page? To be honest i'm not even sure if the example is their own website or if they want something like that site.

RezzRaygun, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  7. satimis

satimis Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Thanks for your advice.

What I expect to achieve is to provide the reader a link (url) so that clicking on it will jump to the recipe e.g "3) Bread, Whole Wheat Bread" instead of giving the reader a link to that long page (http://bakery.satimis.com/diabetes-friendly-bread/). He/she will scroll down to find that recipe.

I came across this technique before unfortunately I forgot how to do it.

Please advice. Thanks

Regards
    satimis

satimis, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @RezzRaygun gave the proper answer -- 'hash link' -- aka 'on page link'. You point at a name or ID attribute with a hash in the URL.

... and yeah, what @Phil S said too. Page is a train wreck of how NOT to build a website, but entirely typical of the mouth breathing halfwit nonsense turdpress has the giant pair of donkey brass to call markup. Might also help on the design front if you knew ANYTHING about accessible font sizes instead of the crappy pixel measurements, and legible colour contrasts instead of the goofy illegible cyan and pink on white.

Span for nothing, static style in the markup, 32k of markup to deliver 6k of plaintext and nothing I'd even consider to be a content image (so basically three times the code that should be used), gibberish headings, etc, etc...

deathshadow, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  9. satimis

satimis Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

I got it done.

Fired up Firebug and found;

expand "<body class="page page-id-814 page-template-default logged-in admin-bar custom-background single-author singular two-column right-sidebar customize-support">"

"<div id="page" class="hfeed">"
    <div id="main">

Code (markup):
    I found <div id="main">

Made following change}=

<div id="wholewheatbread3">
    <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>3)</strong></span>
    <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>Bread, Whole Wheat Bread</strong></span>
    Number of Servings: 14 (1-1/2 lbs)

<span style="color: #3366ff;"><strong>Ingredients</strong></span>
    <ul>

Code (markup):
    bakery.satimis.com/diabetes-friendly-bread/#wholewheatbread3
    skip to that recipe on browser.

Thanks RezzRaygun

under <div id="main"> there are many others. Please refers to photo attached.

How to use them? Thanks

Clicking "Content"

The requested URL /quality-affordable-content/ was not found on this server.

Code (markup):
    Regards
    satimis

Attached Files:

satimis, Jun 14, 2015 IP