1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is Godaddy shared hosting these days, moving away from hostgator ?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by fixxi.net, Jun 6, 2015.

Looks like I may be moving to the godaddy deluxe package. Anyone can give some feedback on what is their service like ?

Not happy with godaddy since they don't do application level support but frankly I can't risk with other smaller hosts. It is too expensive to move these days. I have to do it though since, Hostgator, my current host, has gone from the great service available to perhaps the worst. In most recent developments I am now getting SQL unavailable errors in Hostgator not even providing the basic service they are supposed to. I.e Hostgator is now a scam really. I am not going to stop put down Hostgator as my friends it is only up to us to speak out about our service-level requirements or else we shall be treated like a third world-citizen.

Another reason is I can't risk with hosts I haven't heard of is because, I will say this again. It is too expensive too move all the infrastructure! And even if hostgator had provided me 3-4 years of the best experience available on the internet, it is still a relatively short business survival cycle which I can't have to face again in 3-4 years time, that is if I were to chose the Hostgator of today. Not that I have much time to find out which company that is these days...

Looks like I may be moving to the godaddy deluxe package. Anyone can give some feedback on what is their service like ?

Not happy with godaddy since they don't do application level support but frankly I can't risk with other smaller hosts. It is too expensive to move these days. I have to do it though since, Hostgator, my current host, has gone from the great service available to perhaps the worst. In most recent developments I am now getting SQL unavailable errors in Hostgator not even providing the basic service they are supposed to. I.e Hostgator is now a scam really. I am not going to stop put down Hostgator as my friends it is only up to us to speak out about our service-level requirements or else we shall be treated like a third world-citizen.

Another reason is I can't risk with hosts I haven't heard of is because, I will say this again. It is too expensive too move all the infrastructure! And even if hostgator had provided me 3-4 years of the best experience available on the internet, it is still a relatively short business survival cycle which I can't have to face again in 3-4 years time, that is if I were to chose the Hostgator of today. Not that I have much time to find out which company that is these days...

By Fixxi of Fixxi.net/nsp

fixxi.net, Jun 6, 2015 IP
  2. Colby-GoDaddy

Colby-GoDaddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We have made big changes and improvements to our hosting the past year and half :) I think you will be very happy with our services. We also have a new program, that is free, for web masters called GoDaddy Pro. It allows you to manage multiple customer accounts, site uptime and get pro level support for your hosting services. Happy to help and answer any questions you may have.

Colby-GoDaddy, Jun 9, 2015 IP
  3. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried A2hosting and their customer service appears to be on high level, you can also consider OVH hosting, that is huge company which i would trust offer you good uptime..

postcd, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  4. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I currently have a few sites on go daddy and I must say it's still pretty slow. Although seems a bit better than others I have tried in the past. The fact that they ony have phone support is also very annoying since I'm all the way in NZ and I can't afford to be ringing go daddy everytime I have an issue.

Apart from that it seems fine.

Franklin Hatchett, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  5. Colby-GoDaddy

Colby-GoDaddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Franklin - Have you heard of or checked out our free GoDaddy Pro service? It will give you the ability to manage multiple accounts for customers monitor uptime and access to email support and direct phone hosting support. Godaddy.com/Pro

Colby-GoDaddy, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  6. Franklin Hatchett

Best Answers:
    Havn't hesrd of it. ill make sure I check it out

7. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes indeed, I've been using A2 Hosting for over a year now and it has been great. Highly recommend them.

micksss, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  8. Franklin Hatchett

Best Answers:
    Pitty they are also slow and expensive. From my experience anyways. How your speeds etc?

9. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy hosting is terrible.

When I sell a website to someone with Godaddy hosting, I cringe a little.

We all know HostGator has went downhill fast in the past few years.

However, I host over 400 websites on 2 different shared accounts and 1 reseller.

I have zero speed issues, uptime is awesome and their support (while sometimes slow) is always helpful.

Their Cpanel is easy to navigate and I can create MySQL accounts, import .sql files and edit coding in file manager with little effort.

All hosting companies are going to have issues.

When those issues arise, who do you want on your side?
    Joes Hosting and Window Washing OR Host Gator?

I will take my chances with the latter.

Matthew Sayle, Jun 11, 2015 IP
    pupul likes this.
  10. Franklin Hatchett

Best Answers:
    My speeds are actually starting to drive me a little crazy with go daddy.... 5sec is a bit ridiculous

[​IMG]

11. HostPuma

HostPuma Active Member

Best Answers:
    HostGator went downhill since they were taken over EIG. GoDaddy servers are over crowded so becarefull.

I recommend you look around, read reviews and then make a decision.

HostPuma, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  12. Franklin Hatchett

Best Answers:
    Yeah I've dicided to migrate

Franklin Hatchett, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  13. peshkardene

peshkardene Active Member

Best Answers:
    A big no for godaddy.Try asmallorange or siteground or hawkhost or stablehost.All of them provide amazing service.

peshkardene, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  14. [ET]Alexander

[ET]Alexander Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [ET]Alexander, Jul 12, 2015 IP
  15. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just do a search for "GoDaddy slow" limited to the past year and you will find plenty of complaints about slow loading websites due to server overloading.

In fact, that is why I left GD 8 years ago and nothing has changed!

billzo, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  16. JLPHOST

JLPHOST Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    JLPHOST, Jul 25, 2015 IP
  17. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy is quite bid actually, some research papers say it is the biggest web host, especially wen it comes to personal and SMB websites. It would not be fair to be a negative on them as i represent a web hosting provider. One of the things I dislike is to see overselling hosting plans and things like "unmetered storage" or "unmetered bandwidth". Those are not something that anyone would appreciate. If you are about to move to any web hosting provider just find any quality web hosting provider. There are many of them on the market.

HostColor, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  18. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I clearly understand that my opinion is biased as I represent a hosting provider company myself. However, my point stands:
    for giants like both Godaddy and Hostgator, customers are just numbers, so if you are not satisfied, you can go and they will not cry. Quite the opposite, small companies will work their bottoms off to satisfy your requests at all costs - sad story is that small companies are mostly recellers of larger companies, which doubles waiting time in many cases.

The solution, in my opinion, would be dealing with a company large enough to provide full range of hosting services, yet not too large enough to stop caring for their customers. When a company has a good admin team, provides all you need and charges adequately - things are golden.

There is a plethora of such hosts here on DigitalPoint, and I have to say HostZealot is by far not the worst of them. We help resolve issues and requests fast, as well as keeping your websites up and running. Customer convenience is very important to us, so we have Skype, email and live chat support to fit any clients. Take a look at our offers, they will surely fit your needs and exceed your expectations.

H0stZealot, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  19. JLPHOST

JLPHOST Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great shared web hosting solution, as far as customer service goes they lack a bit but other than that they are a well known and probably the biggest web hosting company.

JLPHOST, Jul 28, 2015 IP