1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SellFree.co.nz - New Zealand Classifieds Forum

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Nicholas Pope, Jun 10, 2015.

Hey guys looking for New Zealand digital point users to critique my new classifieds forum. Sell Free

Cheers guys

Nicholas Pope, Jun 10, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When I first started my classifieds, I played with the idea of using a forum script to run it. However, after seeing a few classified forums I changed my mind and stuck to using a regular / custom classifieds script. Have never regretted going that route since.

I'm maybe totally wrong, but I don't think forum scripts, from the get-go, were meant to function like classifieds. Personally, for me, there's always something missing in a classifieds that is using a forum script. But that's just me.

Now that I got that off my chest...

I love your design. The classifieds looks nice and clean. The only question I have is there a way to select cities while posting an ad and for visitors to search the ads by cities / areas?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    qwikad.com, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  3. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input, I did start with a custom classifieds script but it wasnt really working the way i wanted it to and then decided to test the forum idea out and for me its looking and working great. About picking a city, here, New Zealand is so small that I dont really need to have cities available as just having the regions should work for the users, Although I do have our biggest city available for selection. But with this software if my users decided they wanted cities to select from aswell then it wouldnt be too hard to add.

Nicholas Pope, Jun 11, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Granted, I'm not even remotely close to NZ, but some comments anyway:
    While the site loads quickly, and looks nice, I feel there's quite a bit of clicking to get to categories, and a distinct lack of images / presentation of each item. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something I at least will see as a problem if using the site. I didn't go that in-depth, so maybe you already have possibilities for stored searches (users gets an email if any of their stored searches returns a new item), searching for given items might return a list with pictures etc. - As I said, I only clicked a few links to get to a forum with content.
    But yes - if one looks at the major retailer-sites and auction-sites, they present the content with big pictures which promotes sales - people are visual when it comes to shopping (images always beats text in gathering attention), and the site might be a bit "bland" and lacking in presentation of items.

Just my 2 cents.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 11, 2015 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.