1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Critique

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Gavin77, Jun 3, 2015.

Hey guys,

I posted this in my other thread, but was hoping some more of you could take a look at this and give some feedback.

Im not sure how effective my site is so far, seeing as this is the first time I am doing something like this, so I was just wanting a bit of feedback. The prices on there might seem a bit off, maybe I will take them down.

Also, if anyone wants to collaborate in any way, just let me know.

The site is: gcsmarketingsolutions.com

Gavin

Gavin77, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  2. ADNattan

ADNattan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Off the top of my head:
    1) Any site with no contact details beyond a contact form screams "potential scam" to me.
    2) It's full of grammar errors. I wouldn't trust anyone to write a website for me if they construct sentences like "host advertisements to making you passive income"
    3) Actually, the amount of huge, run-on sentences that run to an entire paragraph with no space for users to breathe upsets me.
    4) Your about us section does't tell me anything about you. It's just a sales pitch

ADNattan, Jun 10, 2015 IP
  3. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the comments ADNattan posted. Aside from the grammar errors, the site is not "polished". The formatting and font consistency need improvement. Font sizes used are not consistent throughout all pages, making the site appear "rushed" and unprofessional.

Website content, social media marketing, email marketing, and SEO are completely different from one another. Your text copy is mixing these methods all together. One minute, the text is mentioning website content and social media sites, the next, something is mentioned about emails. There's no mention of SEO other than in the list. Part of the text, almost reads like website design services are offered. The text is talking about website content and how people access a site using smartphones and laptops. How does this have anything to do with the text copy provided to the client? Are you offering responsive sites? The copy isn't clear. You're combining the "about us", all the services you offer into a few paragraphs with a list, plus the results one can expect and the mention of a free trial, all on the first page. How about breaking all that information up, creating separate pages for each service, (where you can further explain each service, why they need it etc), making the site more "user friendly" and professional?

I do understand what it is that you are trying to portray to potential clients, explaining services offered and why the services are needed. It's just the way the information is presented, is "choppy". It's not organized and has no natural flow. It's mentioned about organizing content and planning, I'm guessing emails and social media strategies, but the site itself is unorganized.

The site is advertising quality content that will help a business brand itself, bring more traffic, improve retention, etc, but the site itself falls short. It doesn't leave you with the urge to further inquire about a service order immediately. It doesn't "speak" to a potential buyer. It's just random information on a page.

Does the company have its own social media accounts? If so, where are they?

TextServices, Jun 11, 2015 IP
    ADNattan likes this.
  4. Gavin77

Gavin77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for the feedback. This is the first real feedback I have gotten and I appreciate it. I had a feeling that it was all unfocused and did not flow. Like you have said, it is choppy and not all fully thought out. This is just something I am doing part-time, but clearly it needs a lot of work. Thank you for bringing me back to reality ha.

I think I can still provide good service to businesses, I just need to organize and plan it out much better. I think I can organize and write content for businesses, seeing as I do have a good business background which can offer some consulting also, which is what I really would like doing. Even writing this out now, I think I just lack patience that true writers have. I am just very impulsive.

Gavin77, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  5. ADNattan

ADNattan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck then. You need tons of patience to write. You'll need to spend hours planning content, which never survives first contact with a client. Then you need the patience to self-edit, instead of firing out drafts straight away. Plus the patience to deal with clients who may be difficult.

It ain't just typing, this gig.

ADNattan, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  6. Gavin77

Gavin77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do have very good patience dealing with people, and the part of this that I enjoy most is the brainstorming part of creating the content and finding new ways for the business to grow and increase sales. I really enjoy doing work like this which is the main reason I started it in the first place, but yes I definitely need to improve the writing and flow of the content. I'll be back with an improved site later!

Gavin77, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  7. livandos

livandos Member

Best Answers:
    404 hosting died

livandos, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  8. Splash Copywriters

Splash Copywriters Peon

Best Answers:
    Was going to help, but now says 404.

Splash Copywriters, Sep 1, 2015 IP