1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Sports Betting 6 Years Old for Sale

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Irefutabilul, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Give me one good reason why you would want to keep the information private.

I find out your ranking well for a certain keyword... then what?

I magically steal that keyword?

SEO doesn't work that way.

You know what... Brian Dean is ranking really well for the keyword "backink".

Let's steal it!

Matthew Sayle, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  2. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Matt, this is always the case in this industry. Maybe because ranking well for one keyword is worth a lot more than ranking well for 10 key-words in many other niches. It's about money and ROI, and gambling industry is at the top from this point of view. You don't need a lot of traffic to make money.

Irefutabilul, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    That doesn't explain why anyone would would want to keep your well-ranking keywords private.

4. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Then you can adjust your SEO strategy to target particularly those key-words that bring clicks for example. Key-words you may have not known before they actually bring clicks, as seen in one's report for example. It's tricky, believe me:)

5. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys, do you know why I can't open threads in the Advertising forum?

6. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I don't mean to be rude, but you don't really know what you're talking about.

7. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Matt, I think we're talking about two different things. You're talking about general SEO practices, I am talking about the dirty SEO practices that are so present in the gambling niche, accepted and used even by the big players. You mentioned before that gambling is not your thing, I have no reason not to believe you.

8. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I don't care what niche you're in... there is no reason to keep well-ranking keywords private.

You already said you aren't an SEO expert, but you are trying to teach me about SEO.

I am, in fact, an SEO expert.

So, you can see where the comedy comes in.

All arrogance aside of course.

9. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I work for a very large North-American gambling affiliate and I can tell you from first source that everything that has to do with GA, is top secret.

10. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Just because I said gambling wasn't my thing doesn't mean I don't know about that industry.

In my management company, I have several professional gamblers as clients.

One of them is VERY well known.

Who do you think does their SEO?

So I don't need you to teach me about the gambling niche.

11. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Matt, you're trying to prove that the black is white not having an idea about this industry. I am not a SEO expert but I've been in this industry for a long time and it's naive to think that sharing your search queries for example, is a safe/smart thing.

I'm not teaching you SEO, stop mentioning that. All I said is that particularly in this niche, sharing your GA stats is nearly plain stupid. Ask your gambling client if he would do that on a forum and see what he tell you:)

12. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    But anyway, I accept to have different opinions on this, this is what democracy is all about. I re-shared the link anyway because I don't have plans to further develop this website. I am sorry if I offended you in some way.

13. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    You didn't offend me, I am just trying hard to get this product ready for launch.

I must get back to work :)

14. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    GL then!:)

15. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Interesting read all the posts lol

Anyway what's the status of this site and it's SEO ?

ETA, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  16. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DA = 30, PA = 40, ranking for a lot of sports betting specific keywords. The website as it is will easily make $300/month if not more, if you spend more time on it - you may expect a lot more because it already has an authority on the web in its niche.

Irefutabilul, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  17. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I'm interested as well, but the code you spent $300 to have custom made is pure garbage. Any code for this specific kind of thing at that price is doomed to be pretty shitty code and needs to be re-written. Even if it's perfect code written my an expert who had a shitty month and was in some desperate need for cash, then it's still 6 years old. Thats equal to 60 years in the tech world.

A website usually sells for 6-12 months revenue. Then we're talking real revenue, not imaginary revenue, revenue that used to be or the potential revenue of the website.

The domain is based on a word that's mis-spelled, and is in itself going to be misleading. A lot of the visitors who start out with bettingXpert will sooner or later mistype and go to the more professional looking bettingEXpert and switch service in a hearth beat.

I am genuinely interested, but this website is way over-priced. You would have had much better luck if you sold it complete, as is, with affiliates and everything needed to run the website when the website was live, then you do now, trying to sell a dead website convincing people it can easily make money again. If it was so easy, then you would do it!

Regards,

cLogik, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  18. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    OK, let's take your questions in order:

1. This is a script that was being sold online and it's still being sold online, It does cost EUR 189 with no plugins (I have the full package): http://www.modulout.com/betting-scripts/14-tipster-script.html

I don't think it's old. It's specifically designed to work with Joomla and it actually has some great features and it's SEO friendly too. Not bad at all for this price.

2. A website usually sells for 6-12 months revenue - I agree with you. But my affiliate accounts associated with this website were sold a long time ago, more than a year ago in fact. One of them delivered more than $25,000 in revenue and yes, I can send you screenshots that will prove that. As you will read from description, I'm only selling the domain name, the website and its SEO value. I'm not selling any affiliate accounts and thus I can not sell it as based on a 6-12 months scale. But roughly speaking, $300 is the minimum you can expect to earn had you spent a little bit of time to actually set things up. I would have a lot of ideas what to do, unfortunately I don't have time for that.

3. The domain name is not exactly "based" on what you say. I agree that the original bettingExpert looks much better, but hey, we're talking about two different boats, in which the "E" version does cost many thousand of dollars. So it's not like I said "bettingXpert" is better than "bettingExpert"; all I'm saying is that "bettingXpert" is not that bad as you describe it. It actually brings the "X" factor which, as you know, means draw in betting or is associated with an unknown factor. So it might be technically wrong as a word but not so bad as a brand and the fact it's shorter is a minor advantage too.

4. No it's not over-priced. It's actually being offered for much less than it really does worth. Look, I can sell blog posts on it once in a while and only a blog post I take gets charged with $120. And that's because it has an authority on the web and it's not a link farm. All the other similar websites will charge you the same.

So to give a good answer to your statement, please answer the following question:

How much money and time do you need to get a completely fresh website to at least the level BettingXpert.com is, from a SEO point of view? My level is DA = 30, PA = 40, thousands of backlinks, dozens of keywords it ranks for. Now tell me, how much less do you actually expect to spend to get a fresh website to this level?

PS: Again, the reason why I want to sell this website is not because I don't have what to do with it. I would actually be very pleased to. But I'm really involved in other things at this stage of my life and as much as I wanted, I can't get time for everything.

19. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    You said this was a website written on a custom script, but it is in fact just Joomla with a plugin installed?

To answer your question about making a better looking, more reliable website then BettingXpert.com that is not built on a CRM system like Joomla. Would take me roughly 15 hours. SEO building is always time consuming, but you can't sell a website on SEO alone, you probably can but your going to look for a long time.

The user above who offered $600 is an offer you should have taken. I wouldn't pay half of that for a website like this. The truth is, you have a domain with some SEO relations. Nothing else. Everything else has to be rebuilt, including the design from the 1800's.

cLogik, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  20. Irefutabilul

Irefutabilul Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Right, you're one of those who probably have nothing better to do but do trolling.

Look mate, if you think that this website is only worth $300, then I invite you get me such a website, which stands at least at this level from a SEO point of view, and I'll buy it from you for $300 + give you a $50 bonus. OK?

"SEO alone"? But SEO = ranking, and ranking = money, what else do you need? Or perhaps you want me to make money for you out of this website, transfer it to your account, and only then to get a reasonable offer from a guy like you? This was funny really:)

PS: I never said it's a custom-built website. I said it's on a CMS, you can see from description. The tipster script is custom-built and only this custom-built script does cost EUR 189.