1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i want to allow user to download query data from mySQL server

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by Emiela, Jun 1, 2015.

Hi, I have a non-profit website that I've developed with PHP. I'm trying to make the logged in users can output letters in Word with selected data from a query in MySQL. I've tried to use PHPWord, the letters outputted with no data in the letters. Also I tried used PHP COM, but Hostforlife won't let me restart the server because it is shared.
    Lastly I wrote a SELECT query with INTO OUTFILE '$file' to create a CSV which the users could download and use to merge into Word, but because the database user does not have FILE access, it produces this error:

Error: Access denied for user 'blabla'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I think Hostforlife will not allow FILE privileges on a shared server. So, how can I get around this. Somehow I want to be able to at least write the query and download the data. Javascript? jQuery? or Something else? Any of you can help me?

Thanks in advance :)

Emiela, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just write the query in the normal way in PHP, and instead of outputting it to the screen, write it to a file? If PHP doesn't have file-write access, you could probably do a somewhat convoluted work-around by having the content output so that the user can copy it directly, but that's a bit of a hassle.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  3. MySQL-Tricks

MySQL-Tricks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is the solution of your problem.
    Solution 1:
    You can use DOMPDF to make the output of you data into a pdf file. By using dompdf you can convert your html output page to pdf.

Solution 2:
    You can use phpExcel Library to output your data as a csv file.

Note*: save your file into root folder or current directory of your php file which generate the pdf or csv file.

MySQL-Tricks, Jun 13, 2015 IP