1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does the name effect a logo design?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Slikk Cybernaut, Nov 8, 2014.

So I've got my name for my production company but I don't know whether to have (at the end) Pictures, Films, Productions (Bit common I think), Cinema, Entertainment. Would any of them effect, or even make a logo look better. So, would the one I choose effect the design of the logo, If that makes any sense.

Slikk Cybernaut, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  2. Gvidas

Gvidas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my oppinion it does effect, but this shouldn't be huge problem... If I were making logo with such names like Pictures or Productions, these two would look totally different. But it's just how I think, and good luck! :)

Gvidas, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  3. John Osel O. Diaz

John Osel O. Diaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course it does. The length of the logo, and the width the design all depend on the word and the concept behind it.

John Osel O. Diaz, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  4. Hostwinds_Tech

Hostwinds_Tech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adding that to your logo will make it larger, however, you can create an alternate version that is shorter. So if, say, your company name is Whirlygig Pictures (random), you could make the logo in a long and short version. Just make sure they look very similar so that when people see one the know it's the same company. The better known your band name is, the less you will need the larger logo. An example is Saks 5th Ave. Most people know them simply as Saks, but they still know what the company does/sells. Just a thought.

Hostwinds_Tech, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  5. Oscar Mariotti

Oscar Mariotti Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agree with you, as I have seen that most of the designers faced problem due to the name as they have to adjust the length and width of logo according to the name.

Oscar Mariotti, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  6. simplykreative

simplykreative Active Member

Best Answers:
    Name highly effects the logo design. Name can cause problems in adjusting sizes, type and even to an extent color combinations
    Other principles of logo design also have a role to play but logo name is in my view the very basic thing to start with.

It acts like a foundation stone for me. I have always asked my clients to name the brand and let me know their is any tagline to follow. See my Work.

simplykreative, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  7. srachel

srachel Banned

Best Answers:
    Name will effects your logo design. Nice logo usually have unique and short name. If you want to add the words like production or etc, you can add that words below your name but you will get a little bit problem if you want to put your slogan

srachel, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  8. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course that the name will affect the design.
    Design is a visual activity, every letter is another symbol, a potential combination, a thing to account for in terms of harmony and repetition, of symetry and even the palette itself.

And even if somebody with completely no artistic intuition where to just copy and paste, the result will still be different, since not only is a design once created in the head, it's twice created in the paper/screen etc. To make it concrete: Think of a famous logo, suppose the G of gucci. If the name was longer, the G would look smaller, hence not so impressive. If the designer than compensates and increases the size of the G, it will outpower the other letters, which woud make the design fail.

SocialSignals, May 27, 2015 IP
  9. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my oppinion names does effect in logos. What you can do is that you can choose a different and fresh name for your company and then add the word you like (production/films) on your slogan.

debbiec12323, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  10. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really. Get your name right, something catchy and professional. Then get a good logo designer to design a sharp logo that reflects your business name and identity.

ablaye, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  11. Vladimir Lisovets

Vladimir Lisovets Member

Best Answers:
    can you hire my project ?

Vladimir Lisovets, Jun 3, 2015 IP