1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I start a subsription on my website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pianogirl, May 2, 2015.

1. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of ways to implement subscription option on your website. Mailchimp is free and supports upto 2000 subscribers at no cost. They have a wordpress plugin that does a pop-up as well for catching subscribers ... I use it on my personal blog and is very much effective.

However, if you have a budget - go for Aweber, it will cost you $19 a month to start with. There are wordpress plugins that are free and compatible with aweber. But then again, if you got more funds, go for something like optinmonster or popupdomination to catch more subscribers,

For my business, I use Mandrill for on-site and mailerlite for newsletters. Aweber is costly, so I opted for a cheaper alternative that I believe is better than mailchimp.

thanks,
    Uttoran Sen,

uttoransen, May 26, 2015 IP
  2. Ian Golightly

Ian Golightly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with Urroran, Aweber will be the best solution for email subscription versus mailchimp. If you are using WP as your CMS platform, MailChimp is a hassle for integration. They have a few plug-ins for MailChimp but you also need to know how to use the API setting. See it's already starting as a headache. So go with Aweber. Cheers, Ian @ Iangolightly.com

Ian Golightly, May 27, 2015 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  3. Richard Seaton

Richard Seaton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi pianogirl
    The way I started out was on Wordpress as well. I used a free plugin to start my list, but I now use a premium paid service as my list is starting to grow and I needed an auto-responder as well, but free widgets worked fine for the first few months.
    There are several free plugins you can install on WP to collect email addresses. Here's a link to some I just googled http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/best-wordpress-optin-plugins/
    Hope this helps
    Richard

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Richard Seaton, May 29, 2015 IP
  4. aniblow

aniblow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create a widget area and past any of the
    recommended autoresponder form codes
    in it and you are good.

aniblow, May 31, 2015 IP
  5. s2000

s2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you looked into mailchimp as others recommended?

s2000, May 31, 2015 IP