1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to reduce bounce rates?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by khodem, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Keep updating with quality content also interlinking to proper landing page.

Prasseo, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  2. shorte.st

shorte.st Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hi mate,

Bounce rate is a big problem but there're ways to turn that into profit.
    Please drop me a PM so I will tell you how I can turn your bounce rate into money :)

shorte.st, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  3. Natalie_25

Natalie_25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to say that your blog looks neat and encourages reading, so well-done for that :). However, if the content is valuable (I'm not a database master ;) ), I suggest paying more attention to grammar and style. This is what native speakers from the US, but not only, might expect.

Good luck to you!

Natalie_25, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  4. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, these are the main causes of increased bounce rate -

1> not relevant keywords used in the website
    2> problem in content or content is not written interesting
    3> website design/look
    4> non relevant social media activity means following and adding non related peoples.
    5> lack of products and services in the website
    6> Google sitemap not present in the website.

emn, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  5. Pandesian Jo

Pandesian Jo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is the image of my blog Pandesia World's bounce rate. [​IMG] . As you can see I threw my bounce rate from 55% to <10%. I decided to make my site lighter and faster. With the tool from site pingdom, I saw items were heavy for my blog. I removed the heavy pictures, unnecessary widgets and also reduced the numbers of my ads. It's crucial to have your top of your page without havy scripts, frames etc and put them (if needed) at the bottom of the page.

Pandesian Jo, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  6. Mohit Arora

Mohit Arora Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Below things will help to decrease bounce rate of your site –
    • Quality Content
    Visitors come to your site to look for vital content. Your content should be up to the mark as per the Post Titles and keywords. Visitors are likely to leave the blog page if they do not find the information they are looking for as per to the keywords entered by them in the search engine.
    • Good Blog Design
    Your blog should be designed in decent way. Some professional sites use lots of animation, graphics that looks bad. Design of your site should be according to your niche. Bad design is often a common reason for visitors losing interest in the blog and thus leaving the site.
    • Ease of Use & Navigation:
    Your blog should provide easy navigation to the users. Make use of bulleted lists, white space, good color contrast, and large headlines. Use well-organized, responsive layouts that allow for quick and easy navigation on all platforms and browsers. Also provide relevant categories and other related articles to current articles to help the users to understand the concept in better way. As users will visits more pages on your blog, it will decrease bounce rate.
    • Avoid using Pop-ups
    Visitors often find pop-ups very annoying when they are bombarded with such as soon as they enter a blog page. You must let the visitor enjoy you blog first. You can show pop-ups after certain period of time.
    • Slow loading speed
    Users don’t like to wait, and we are becoming more and more accustomed to the fast load times, which means your blog will be left in the dust when a user must wait. There are plenty of other articles similar to yours. If your web page load time is high, users will close your web page and will try alternative pages available.

• Unwanted Advertisements
    Though showing advertisement is useful for bloggers to earn some money from blog, but it should not frustrate the users. Users do not prefer to see blog with lots of advertisement. Ensure that the ads you allow in your blog page are in some ay relevant to the content and should be shown in decent manner in your blog. Advertisement should not keep popping up on your content.
    • Make Your Blog Mobile friendly
    This is the mobile era and mostly people carry their mobiles and access internet through their mobiles itself. Blogs are effective as long as content can be accessed and used from a mobile device or tablet. Mobile usability does not necessarily mean from a design compatibility and accessibility standpoint, in many cases it means is the language on your site simple and clear enough that people on the go (on mobile devices) can still make sense of what they need to do to find information and at the very least contact you if necessary.

• Provide Internal Search Functionality
    Provide internal search functionality to your users. Web users have become so used to search that it is an easy behavioral pattern to accommodate and leverage for improved experience.
    • Interlinking your posts
    By interlinking your old posts at appropriate words, you will compel your readers to click on the link and navigate to the other post. If you interlink all the posts then the probability of your readers staying glued to your blog is for a long time and it decrease Bounce Rate.
    • Open External Links in New Windows
    There comes a time when we refer external links to provide additional values to our users. Always open the external links in a new window instead of redirecting the user off your site.

Source: http://catchupdates.com/how-bounce-rate-is-calculated-decrease/

Mohit Arora, May 30, 2015 IP