1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So I went to see Tomorrowland last night...

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by qwikad.com, May 23, 2015.

First: The first 15 minutes into the movies I realized I was too old for the movie. The makers are definitely trying to target the younger minds (10 - 15 y.o.) with that movie.

Second: I don't like when a movie is preachy (even if it's done subtly / skillfully). The "save the Earth" propaganda is all throughout the movie.

Third: Although it's kind of action packed, I was still bored from time to time.

I'd still recommend anyone to watch it, but if you do, don't expect a wow! experience.

3 out of 5.

qwikad.com, May 23, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The reviews that I have seen have not been kind, either. I also dislike action movies with a "higher" message; I'm there to see cool action, great special effects, pretty actresses, etc. It is all about escapism and fun; save the lessons for school. :)

I may still rent it when it comes out on DVD, but it won't be a high priority.

jrbiz, May 23, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahahaha, I'm liking your description of "preachy". It's growing with me. :)

I think it's a blatant lack of enthusiasm from the writing team of the movie. Let alone when the message feels jamed in your face or, better yet, hidden with a simple "smart eh?" chilidish move as in cheap irony.

I would caracterize the movies I enjoy not from content, ironically enough, but with how engrossed I become in the movie's world. It doesn't have to make sense, it's enough that it makes me root for someone inside the movie. But then again, it's been years I haven't tried that feel. :(

One thing makes me wonder though... what makes this a recomended experience?
    The overall feeling you left is "it's of passable quality."
    Plentitude made humanity stop accepting the very best.
    Pardon the rant, it's just that movies tend to be so shallowy thought these years, it's just painful to know what we've left behind.

SocialSignals, May 25, 2015 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    There are some movies I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch. When it comes to this one, just because I didn't quite like it doesn't mean everyone else won't like it. As a matter of fact, some kinds / teens in my theater clapped at the end of the movie. So, I guess they liked it a lot.

qwikad.com, May 25, 2015 IP
  5. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is that out already? Where I live they must have really skimped on the advertising. I saw it advertised at the theater and once or twice on TV but that was it.

Thanks for the review. I don't like it when a movie is too preachy with the save the Earth message either.

BMR777, May 27, 2015 IP
  6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:

Don't go by my review alone. Check out what the people are saying on rottentomatoes to form a more or less accurate opinion: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tomorrowland_2015/#contentReviews

qwikad.com, May 27, 2015 IP
  7. Chocochata

Chocochata Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Tomorrowland could have been so much better! George clooney in my opinion was a misfit.

Chocochata, May 28, 2015 IP
  8. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I didn't think he was a misfit. But I did expect more from him as an actor (more wittiness, creativity, etc.).

Speaking of misfits. I was almost taken aback seeing Tim McGraw playing that girl's dad. I was like: "What in the world!?" I like him as the country music singer, but that roles was not meant for him, I believe.

qwikad.com, May 30, 2015 IP
  9. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Jun 10, 2015 IP