1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice for implementing a dynamic blog design

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Jasjit, May 30, 2015.

I'm new to Wordpress (and CMS in general for that matter) and I don't quite know the extent of its functionality so I was hoping to get some help from you guys on deciding whether Wordpress is the best CMS for implementing this design.

The home page basically consists of the three columns of equal dimensions that cover the whole browser window, one column for each of the latest posts. Each column has a background (feature) image will just show the post title and description as the user hovers over the feature image. When the user clicks on a column, the other two disappear and the article content slides out. The middle column would slide to either the left or the right first to make space for the content.

I whipped up a very basic mockup below. It's not amazing but hopefully you get the point. Is Wordpress flexible enough to support irregular designs like this? And is it worth the time and effort to implement it? Any better way to achieve the same implementation?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

Jasjit, May 30, 2015 IP
  2. yakusokutebayo

yakusokutebayo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see why you shouldn't use Wordpress. Wordpress is pretty flexible, you can achieve those things easily. Good luck.

yakusokutebayo, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  3. Jasjit

Jasjit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I just wasn't completely sure of Wordpress's functionality.

Here's an update on what the actual site is beginning to look like (with dummy data). Can't wait to dive into Wordpress. :)

[​IMG]

Jasjit, Jun 2, 2015 IP