1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I create Filtering Options on DudaOne??

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by PresPlayServices, May 29, 2015.

Hey everybody, after many many months, I have finally found the perfect layout for my site. Now, the only problem is, how do I apply a filter my products?? I sell vacation packages and I'd like to filter them by Price range, Destination, number of people, Duration. I dont want to make a separate sub-page for every single item, or do I have to? How do I create/code such a filter? better yet, what is this option even called?? I am stumped and do not even know where to start to search for raw HTML to apply an option like this. Please help! Thank you

PresPlayServices, May 29, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Depends. How are the listing of the products shown to begin with? Are they displayed in a table? If they are, you can implement a sorting plugin, for instance DataTables. If they're not in a tabular format, you'll have to sort the query from the database based on what sorting the user wants - this can be accomplished by applying simple url-attributes (if a user clicks on "sort by destination" you'll add ?sorting=destination (or something similar) to the url, and requery the database based on that (ORDER BY destination)) - this must be properly coded, of course, since it will involve some user-changable input to be used with a database query, but it's not very hard to do.

PoPSiCLe, May 30, 2015 IP
  3. PresPlayServices

PresPlayServices Peon

Best Answers:
    I ended up somewhat resolving the issue through adding ecommerce to the site. I will make all my packages and services an "add to cart" option. The store gives me the ability to categorize everything. In the end, it is essentially what I was looking for

PresPlayServices, May 30, 2015 IP