1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't quite agree with this

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, May 28, 2015.

This, of course, sounds very noble, but, realistically speaking, do people who succeed want to see others succeed too? Especially in the same niche? I don't think so. What do you say?

2015 - 1.jpg

qwikad.com, May 28, 2015 IP
  2. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Success isn't always about owning a business and earning lots of money. Perhaps when you wish people well and have a lot of kindness and positivity towards others, that makes you a more successful person in life.

Success is measured in different ways. Just another way of looking at it. :)

pianogirl, May 28, 2015 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So, what you are saying is, if let's say there's another satire news agency that does everything to get you out of business (by stealing your traffic), you will still wish the best to them?

Or will you clench your fists, grind your teeth and say: I'll show you what I've got, punks!

I think it's a relevant example.

qwikad.com, May 28, 2015 IP
  4. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personaly like to see other people do well. Even in my own niche I've helped some people out. Feels good when someone sends me a message thanking me for helping them make money. Thats just me though, one day it will bite me in the ass

Franklin Hatchett, May 28, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  5. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always think that and try to help other people to make success in his business or anything.

Atikur, May 28, 2015 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Think of it more broadly. You're a plumber or accountant. In your town there are hundreds of people competing for the same clientele. If you are successful and you help another plumber/accountant to be successful then you work together to get better - not necessarily helping everyone or hurting anyone, just getting better.

Our family business is in a growth niche. Most people have never heard of our product. Our main competitor advertises widely and is doing really well - but a huge number of people ring us saying "I saw your ad" when they actually saw his. Once people discover our product they usually search for more suppliers so they all phone around all of us. He's doing well, we're doing well. There are good reasons to choose his product, better reasons to choose ours :) We both get some success.

sarahk, May 28, 2015 IP
  7. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That makes you kinder. Not more successful.

The image doesn't convey multitude of ways to "look at it". If you notice, the succesful siluhette is helping the other one get up to his position.

Even disregarding that, it's plainly obvious this "helping hand mentality" has no correaltion with high positions in society. There is a reason the word elitst exists, there is a reason you redirected the topic to "other ways to being helpful to someone". It's precisely the opposite actualy, and part of the reason why this photo isn't more popular.

I think this is more of a "made to cater" than to represent something of reality. In other words, an image made out of servilitude.

SocialSignals, May 29, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  8. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Amen to that.

When the "Big Store" (you all know which store it is, right?) moves in, it puts a lot of small mom & pop shops out of business. Does it mean it's evil and "unsuccessful"? I don't think so. At the end, it does more good in a week, than all those mom & pop shops could do in fifty years combined (figuratively speaking).

I think that image was created by someone who consciously or subconsciously hates big business and true success. Can't prove it. Just a hunch.

qwikad.com, May 29, 2015 IP
  9. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    I don't disagree with what you're saying. I'm just providing some food for thought.

All my life, I've wanted to be 'successful'. Lately, I've started to think, 'What is success anyway?'

Whether or not this picture is intended to specifically mean business is one thing, but I do believe that it's not necessarily money and fame that brings success.

Does a kind and warm-hearted person die a successful one? I think so.

pianogirl, May 29, 2015 IP
  10. SocialSignals

Best Answers:
    It doesn't have to be about the business. The point this mindset is trying to portray is that helping others should never end, if we are supposed to carry the sentiment, it should go as far as equality. Which means even to provide the other with the means to end you, should he will it so.
    And this just has no application in business in particular, or life in general. Not to the things we hold more dear.

You who think of success alturistically are the same that has a door which locks with a key.

What you've lately started to think, I've been there way before. From philosophy to Hugo's The miserable. 'Your' outlook is not exactly "modern" so to speak. Got it?

11. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    @SocialSignals, I know my outlook is not 'modern'. I know I'm not the first person to ever think that...

And you literally just said exactly what I'm trying to convey - it's not all about the business.

12. SocialSignals

Best Answers:
    I'm saying I've already encompassed your thoughts.
    And what you are portraying doesn't work either in life, nor in buisness. Life has developed out of "Survival of the fittest", and as stated by a former member, chain buisnesses close down smaller ones. Which means that altruism is a happy thought, but it finds itself stopped dead in the tracks by us people ourselves. Would you feel fine about sharing your child with a stranger? Or your crush? I thought so.
    I'm not truly relaxed about letting meaning escape the word, success stand for achiving a goal in general, and when applied to people it's that event which happens to few people which divides them from the norm.

It always has to be a few because success is a feature that can be present only upon greater contrast.

My almost final bit was about how you don't act out from the ethical standpoint you preach, meaning that you yourself betray your standing.

13. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    Different outlooks on life, I suppose.

14. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While I also don't fully agree with what the picture is trying to convey, it got me thinking... What about the rather modern niche that is motivational speaking? Essentially that's businessmen in various niches, somehow successful, that are passing their thoughts and advice to novices in the same niche. Even without giving them exact directions, they are passing their ideas and the mindset that rocketed them where they are today. Is this process helping other businessmen get better? I can safely say 'Yes'! Same goes for any type of conference, convention and meeting of professionals.

Just a passing thought... ;)

Rado_ch, May 29, 2015 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is probably some truth to it... if you focus on the negative and spend your energy on negative things, I'd think you would have more of a tendency to fail vs. someone to focused on positive things.

Personally, I'm in the middle. I really don't care if competitors succeed or fail. I'm not going to expend any effort in making them fail. That energy is better spent on making whatever you do better. But at the same time, I'm not going to expend a ton of energy on making them succeed either. Honestly, I have too much crap to do to worry about what others are doing. :)

Certainly you can succeed if you want others to fail just like you can fail even if you want others to succeed. Just saying there would be a tendency there.

digitalpoint, May 29, 2015 IP
    sarahk, Rado_ch and qwikad.com like this.
  16. crise stofer

crise stofer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hmmm....succed its doesn't matter..the matter is every people are selfish.i selfish you selfish and they selfish...no one can think about other happiness.thats why succed people want to other people in fail and failed people want to follow succed people way to succes in his life.... :)

crise stofer, May 29, 2015 IP
  17. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    What utter BS. Just because you might be selfish and only think about yourself doesn't mean that everyone is like that.

Rado_ch and qwikad.com like this.
  18. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it has anything to do with success but it does speak about the morality of a person.

Look at Bernie Madoff. He was "successful" for almost twenty years "helping others succeed" and look what happened to him and his family.

ceenote100, May 29, 2015 IP
    pianogirl likes this.
  19. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not all of them are selfish. Perhaps all successful are once unsuccessful only . Huhh

Cecil Mah, May 29, 2015 IP
  20. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Another "great" gem I just saw:

1.jpg

The truth: Strong (mentally, emotionally, physically) people constantly put others down just by their sheer presence. And everything they do for you always comes across as condescending.

The image should go something this:

1.jpg

qwikad.com, Jun 3, 2015 IP