1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Understanding website structures

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by forevervivienne, May 28, 2015.

I've had challenges creating websites because of their structures. For example like a foundation that holds a house, what can I use to make the website "stand". I know how to use css to design elements but creating a structure that puts the website together is quite difficult. I'd appreciate tutorial links or suggestions. Please It is urgent!!!

thanks.

forevervivienne, May 28, 2015 IP
  2. MightWeb

MightWeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you try to rephrase the question? I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking. Have you managed to make any websites yet, or would this be your first one? Is it the actual design, or the coding that you're having issues with? You'll need to specify a bit more I'm afraid.

MightWeb, May 28, 2015 IP
  3. forevervivienne

forevervivienne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry for not being articulate enough. You know when containers/wrappers are used to create layouts? how do you make effective use of them so the website won't have elements flying at different angles? how do you make use of floats, margins etc. I'm trying to create a website like this: http://paul-demo3.gogetthemes.com/
    how can i put things together (excluding the design) like the menu on the left and the image on the right?

forevervivienne, May 28, 2015 IP
  4. MightWeb

MightWeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are multiple ways to do that, using floats, absolute positioning, margins and so on - but in the end, the easiest by far method is to employ use of a framework that contains a grid system (Foundation and Bootstrap are popular options). Note that the web design you linked is by no means an "easy design", and if you're just getting started, you might wish to start out with something less complex.

MightWeb, May 28, 2015 IP
  5. yakusokutebayo

yakusokutebayo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With a question like that, I think the best thing for you is to do more exercises on CSS. I also read your other questions/threads and I think your problem lies with not understanding full capability of CSS.

yakusokutebayo, May 29, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The correct statement would be "not understanding what HTML is, nor understanding how CSS is used".
    First, you construct the HTML based on the content you want to put on the site. Then you use CSS to style that content (with markup). And so forth and so on.

PoPSiCLe, May 29, 2015 IP