1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords are no longer needed on website?Please HELP!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cjrosero, May 28, 2015.

Just read this article from 2009, "Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking"() just want to know if this means that there's no need to add keyword tags on website? please help! this article confused me a lot.

cjrosero, May 28, 2015 IP
  2. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They're always useful, what happened is that they don't have the weight they have before in order to improve the ranking for a site because many people abused (and still abuses) of the keyword usage. I'll recommend you to still use them rationally.

debbiec12323, May 28, 2015 IP
  3. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This again... dont use them, they are worthless. you need to be optimizing the <body> content snd titles instread

Franklin Hatchett, May 28, 2015 IP
  4. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, google not prefer keywords in ranking but other search engine like yahoo, bing are still using, so you can use, usually all people are using.

meethi jain, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  5. dewalds86

dewalds86 Member

Best Answers:
    I havent used the keyword tag in ages and my websites rank well. I dont see the point in using it at all.

dewalds86, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Meta titles and descriptions are far more important that simply stuffing your meta with keywords...and its been like that for a pretty long time. Sure, might not hurt directly when you add such, but you will also have 0 benefit so why spend the time and effort to do it?

Rado_ch, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  7. garry420

garry420 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mate don't go by them, they can never change the base of SEO among which one is meta tag.
    Rather go by your observations and experience...as far my experience says it still works fine..
    If google opens everything then the game of google is over hence they do things which leaves webmasters in guessing work.
    my experience says it will work , just try experimenting it.

garry420, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  8. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe not working for Google, but who knows for other SE's... Also, it would be much better if the meta tag for keywords is there.. It won't harm your website at all! :D

patco, Jun 3, 2015 IP