1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting traffic to my website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by crankne, May 27, 2015.

Hi,

I launched my website https://shry.me 1 month ago, I submitted it to some directories and added it to search engines but I don't have any visitors at the moment, I'm using hitleap to get some fake traffic.
    Is there any way to get some real visitors?

crankne, May 27, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, May 27, 2015 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to work on brand awareness. Use sites like knowem.com and namecheckr.com to see if your brand name is taken and build on those sites. Thats why they made em!

Mkcoy, May 27, 2015 IP
  4. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to change your domain name. When I see your domain, I have no idea what sort of site it is. You should get a domain that gives the user some idea of what they will be clicking onto. When I see a short domain name like that with no clear name, I get suspicious.

BMR777, May 27, 2015 IP
  5. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    The best places to get visitors is social media particularly facebook ads. You can target the type of people who will be most interested in your website so its super targeted. Twitter I am finding at the moment an excellent traffic source.

markinternet, May 27, 2015 IP
  6. Peter Alypos

Peter Alypos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I ranked my first WWW by set up private blog network. I bought just 6 expired domains and linked to my site. After one month I got 130$ from adsense. I had keyword with 12000 mth searches and visitors could find me on second page. If you going higher in ranking you will see drastic increase in income :). Find on Youtube Alex Becker - he has a lot of usefull tutorials.

Now to rank website you need links from social media. Private network should linked as well to social media sites.

Peter Alypos, May 27, 2015 IP
  7. JonsonK

JonsonK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can help me with facebook ads,I create a facebook ads(send people to your website)i chose the audience all USA and my budget is 10 usd per day. I receive only 131 clicks to my website in first day and now nathing,the ad is active.

JonsonK, May 27, 2015 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're doing it wrong my friend. I wonder what your site niche is?
    Do you blog or use social media? If not, then I suggest that you start working on it now.
    Both platform will be your best source of traffic.
    If you can invest on ads then go for Facebook ads.

Patricia Ann Lee, May 27, 2015 IP
  9. Symbolics

Symbolics Member

Best Answers:
    The interesting part is that the site you want to promote is a URL shortener. Where are other sites promoting this type of service - like bit.ly how did they start? You may want to approach this in a different way - what can you offer people that bit.ly cannot? Bit.ly will blacklist certain sites, does your service do this? You want to get this in front of people that can use the service. It may be good to offer a product that will use this kind of service - like affiliate marketers, bundle it with something else and state the benefits of your service over your competitors.

Certainly, you may be doing this here as well, but with bit.ly and link cloaking and the ability to buy a domain for the same purpose, the idea is kinda past its prime. Best of luck to you on this one.

btw - search the forums here - loads of ppl think this is a tough ways to go - with lots of adult site issues and hassles. Again - best of luck

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Symbolics, May 27, 2015 IP
  10. Peter Alypos

Peter Alypos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you have to optimize your ad and use highly targeted audience. Use facebook insight and from there check your audience (check affinity as well)

Peter Alypos, May 27, 2015 IP
  11. Richard Seaton

Richard Seaton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi - Very nice website!

I am sure you can find a huge audience for this as you are addressing a need for many marketers.

What I personally do is to use both paid and free traffic methods. I have a blog as the hub of my business, and I invite people to look at it by posting updates on Twitter and Facebook etc. I also message the email list I am slowly building, as well as inviting people from forums such as this one and WF. I also use carefully-targeted Solo and Banner ads which bring in regular daily hits.

I would definitely start with a blog and post regular updates. I might also write an eBook on your area of expertise, and give it away free with links to your product inside it.

Hope this helps
    Richard

Richard Seaton, May 29, 2015 IP
  12. Ian Golightly

Ian Golightly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I definitely agree that starting a blog will be very essential for you. When you start a blog it's like the start of the leads funnel. You get prospects who have interest in maybe utilizing a shortened URL and then at your blog you go full force on trying to push your product and service. However, I wouldn't go the e-book route. However, I would write a manual or white sheet on explaining how to use your product to its full potential use And what are the benefits on using your product versus another service like bit.ly ; I hope this gives you a little bit of insight. Cheers,
    Ian Golightly @ Iangolightly.com

Ian Golightly, May 29, 2015 IP
  13. aniblow

aniblow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs definitely the way to go. If well
    done, it could take on a life of its own.

aniblow, May 31, 2015 IP
  14. jowel

jowel Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    buy tube clips and upload videos via tube sites submitter

jowel, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  15. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are more ways to promote your site than there have ever been, so traffic should not be an issue. It's how will you make the most out off your traffic and make the visitors come back frequently.

Still, here's my advice... post content every single day and share it on G+, Twitter and other communities in your niche. It's really that simple! If you have good content, people will reshare your stuff and you will gain some traction. Just keep at it and promote as much as you have time for.

cronik, Jun 1, 2015 IP
    Mkcoy likes this.
  16. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget Triberr, Pinterest, Visual.ly, StumbleUpon, Scoop.it, etc. There are a lot of places other than Google+, Facebook, and Twitter to share your content! Put it out there and let people find it.

Oh, and don't forget blog commenting. Forge some relationships and get yourself well-known.

DungeonMaster, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  17. murfe

murfe Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Solo ads are a great place to start.

murfe, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  18. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    I think there should be a pinned thread on this section about " how to get traffic to your website " - because I see this kind of threads popping up almost every day.

Chad Eztraffic, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  19. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unique content is the key

fxlock, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  20. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why would anyone on earth waste their time trying to get fake traffic? I'm not even sure what fake traffic is. Traffic that's not targeted perhaps? Bot traffic maybe?

ceenote100, Jun 2, 2015 IP