1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

convert a pdf to text with correct line spacing

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by xbat, Apr 14, 2015.

Anyone know how to convert a pdf with correct line spacing so I can dump it into mysql. I would probably be using php.

What i need to know is how to convert a pdf to text but with correct line spacing.. I'm not sure if it would be better if I used xml or not.

Any suggestions? What I have is a catalog. And almost all pages are laid out the same. So I figure if I use a character/space count then I could easliy dump it into mysql. Any suggestions?

xbat, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  2. singhsamuel

singhsamuel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, you can convert PDF to text, by fine reader or some other software. Thanks Samuel

singhsamuel, May 21, 2015 IP
  3. Doctor Tech

Doctor Tech Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should try Adobe X Pro

Doctor Tech, May 27, 2015 IP
  4. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use any of the several converters of PDF to text in order to do that, however, making sure about the correct spacing is always something you should check before doing anything else with it, since it may variate in the process of conversion.

debbiec12323, May 27, 2015 IP