1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest 50$ Simple Professional Looking Logo - Deadline 30.May

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by ZyreX, May 26, 2015.

Hello everyone,

I would like a simple and professional looking logo that will go on the main website + a favicon .http://marketingshortcuts.co.uk

Logo Details:
    Topic: Marketing, Internet Marketing, Social Media, Digital Marketing - News website
    Text on the logo: "Marketing Shortcuts with Alex Calinov" -
    *Idea: Try use the text "with Alex Calinov" with a handwriting font style, like a signature .

I would like the logo to be unique, extra points are given for creativity. The text should blend in nicely with the artwork.
    **Please DON'T just put the artwork and text next to each other and job finished.
    I would like something that will stand out , but also clean and professional for a blogging/news site.

I don't really have a size or colour preference, what ever looks nice. ( don't mind the website colour as I will change it based on the colour of the logo ) .

When you're posting your entries, please use the actual website header as a background, just so I can see exactly how it looks and blends in with the website.

Other details:
    I would suggest all the entries to be made by posting in this thread, as my client does NOT have access to my personal messages.

I am more than happy to assist and give feedback on all the entries.

The winner will have to provide me with the final output file, source file , high res files. And as part of our transaction, he has to agree that I will hold the final copyright of the logo.

The winner will be announced at the end of this week.

I can stop the competition at any time earlier than the deadline mentioned above, if I find something that my client likes.

The Payment will be made via PayPal.

Thank you very much and good luck.

ZyreX, May 26, 2015 IP
  2. appleiinc

appleiinc Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1st Concept:
    alex.jpg

appleiinc, May 26, 2015 IP
  3. Jeronimo2015

Jeronimo2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Zyrex. Would your client be interested in an avatar as (part of) a logo? For example: the avatar at yoast.com,

Jeronimo2015, May 26, 2015 IP
  4. SGDESIGNS

SGDESIGNS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

SGDESIGNS, May 26, 2015 IP
  5. ZyreX

ZyreX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for your entries. I got some feedback from my client, so I'm passing it back to you:

@appleiinc - Thank you for your entry , but the logo it's a bit too plain . "with" is supposed to be part of the second line together with "Alex Calinov". My client didn't really like the font that you used for the handwriting. And also you didn't really managed to properly combine the text + artwork in one piece.
    Thank you for trying.

@Jeronimo2015 - I think not for now. It might be an option for the future. But it's a good idea. Thank you.

@SGDESIGNS - Thank you for your entry. It looks a bit nice than appleiinc's entry. I like the fact that Shortcuts , it's in a different colour, so it stands out.
    Good choice of font for the handwriting "with Alex Calinov" . But ... like I mentioned above, I would like to artwork to somehow blend in together with the text, wiggle around it, go between letters, I don't know, be creative, but just NOT separate like this ... To be like a missing piece of a puzzle.

Thank you all for trying.

ZyreX, May 26, 2015 IP
  6. SGDESIGNS

SGDESIGNS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for the feedback
    here is the revision
    [​IMG]

SGDESIGNS, May 26, 2015 IP
  7. Skaritza

Skaritza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey, here is my concept of the logo, i've used the arrow that symbolises shortcut, and it also forms and the icon by itself also forms an "M" that stands for "Marketing"
    Thank you. a.jpg b.jpg

Skaritza, May 26, 2015 IP
    FlashD likes this.
  8. logoesdesign

logoesdesign Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

logoesdesign, May 26, 2015 IP
  9. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    Feedback Appreciated. Favicon included.
    logo.png

logov1-f.png
    [​IMG]

Sugavanas, May 26, 2015 IP
  10. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

getdomain4u, May 27, 2015 IP
  11. Erick0225

Erick0225 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Erick0225, May 27, 2015 IP
  12. butterfly_91

butterfly_91 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

butterfly_91, May 27, 2015 IP
  13. ZyreX

ZyreX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @SGDESIGNS - Thank you for revision your work. Unfortunately my client doesn't like it, sorry. Thank you for trying.

@Skaritza - That arrow it's very confusing. It hurts my eyes. It's a nice clean design, but a bit too simple. i like the artwork in the middle. It look like it integrates a bit better. Maybe find something else instead of an arrow, and work a bit more on the text.

@logoesdesign @Sugavanas - Sorry , no. Thank you for trying.

@getdomain4u - Thank for trying. I like the choice of font and colour. But I don't think that MS and that arrow blend it's nicely with the text. I like the fact that you tried to combine them together but .. The text on it's own looks better .

@Erick0225 - Thank you for your entry. Yours it's very similar to SGDesigns. I don't really like that artwork with the arrow going up and also that green it's not something that my client likes.

@butterfly_91 - Thank you for your entry. But it's a bit too plain.

* For everyone: I mentioned from the beginning that I'm looking for more than just some simple text and a colour, I want at least a drop of creativity, and that's why I came to this forum. So please don't be offended if I say that your logo it's a bit too plain.

Maybe try and use the Topics that I gave as ideas for your artwork, ex something to represent: Internet, Social Media. Maybe make the text a bit more colourful to represent all those colours from different social media channels. I don't know , just play around a bit...
    You don't even have to use a separate artwork IF the text is designed to look good on it's one.

PS: Even if my client didn't like your first entry, I hope that all the feedback will help you understand better what we are looking for and if you wish you can try again.

ZyreX, May 27, 2015 IP
    muddy786 likes this.
  14. ZyreX

ZyreX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just another suggestion. Like I mentioned in my previous post to try and use the Topics as your idea for the art work:
    Marketing: Here we have, Internet Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing, etc...
    A good representation of this would be this image: http://bellestrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/bigstock-social-media-communication-in-281618811.jpg

Please don't copy, but I hope this helps to make a more creative and colourful logo. Again, this is just a suggestion, if your "creativeness" it's better, than go ahead and let's see what you got :)

ZyreX, May 27, 2015 IP
    muddy786 likes this.
  15. natali77

natali77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

natali77, May 27, 2015 IP
  16. lanz913

lanz913 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    marketingshortcut.jpg

lanz913, May 27, 2015 IP
  17. Skaritza

Skaritza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1-01.jpg

Skaritza, May 27, 2015 IP
  18. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

getdomain4u, May 27, 2015 IP
    ZyreX likes this.
  19. onlyfights

onlyfights Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

onlyfights, May 27, 2015 IP
  20. ZyreX

ZyreX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello everyone. Thank you all for the new entries and the revisions.
    Some of you didn't really read the feedback that I gave earlier , so ... The results are pretty much the same ..

@natali77 - Thank you for your work . Your logo it's not really what my client is looking for. Also I already mentioned in my previous posts that my client doesn't really like that green colour. Thank you for trying.

@lanz913 - Thank you for trying. It's a nice clean logo that would probably look much better on a business card than on a website. I'm looking for something more colourful.

@Skaritza - Thank you for revising your work. It looks better than before, but still not quite what I was looking for. I don't really understand that artwork above. What is supposed to mean?

@getdomain4u - Perfect. I can see that you totally understood everything I said in my previous post. My client likes it. Thank you for redoing your logo.
    My only concern is if the choice of font it's good enough for the type of font that that is right now on the website.. Can you try and use a different font style just to see how it looks, and maybe shot the logo with the header of the website in the background?
    I'll send you a PM with a suggestion for the font

@onlyfights - Thank you for your entry. It's not quite what my client is looking for. Please read my previous post/feedback and you will understand why.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    ZyreX, May 28, 2015 IP
    getdomain4u likes this.