1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mailchimp

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by brent_harris, Apr 18, 2015.

Hi all,

First post so bear with me. I'm just starting my design business online and have been doing my best to improve SEO to my site as well as getting in on the social media frenzy. Just started learning about Mailchimp now. First question: how do most people use it and, 2. Do I have to build my own mail list one subscriber at a time or is there a smarter way to do it?

Brent Harris
    The Harris Design Company
    Www.thedesigncompany.net

brent_harris, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  2. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

You have to build the list by enticing people to subscribe to you or sign up to something.

If you look at my site I have a sign up form on the sidebar and at the bottom of my post. I'm getting around 10 sign ups a day from this.

I'm also about to make a video that people have to unlock by entering an e-mail address. these are just some ways you can build a mailing list.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  3. brent_harris

brent_harris Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look at your site as well.

Cheers.

brent_harris, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  4. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mailchamp is the best free email marketing software. And as far I know most the people use this. And of course it's good one.

Atikur, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  5. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's ok. for more advance mailing list I would move onto something else later. like Aweber etc.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  6. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not all are same users. There have different users too like you.

Atikur, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  7. Kawish

Kawish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mailchimp is not a good option for e-mail marketing. I had a bad experience with them in the past, most of your e-mails will end up in the spam folder. Consider using Getresponse or Aweber. I am using Getresponse and I am really happy with their service. You can use their builtin e-mail templates which are nice and clean or you can create your own template. The best thing is you can get first 30 days trial for free.

Kawish, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  8. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Mailchimp will be great if you're just about to start. Once your list gets more and more bigger it is highly advisable to change to e-mail marketing clients such as Aweber, Benchmark and etc. However, you need to know what are you offering to your subscribers and how important is email marketing for your niche.

Pillai.G, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  9. safetynetzero

safetynetzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    For starters, Mailchimp is probably NOT your best option. There are, IMO, much better autoresponder services available.

To speed-up your list building efforts consider doing a JV with another list owner in a complementary (but not directly competing) niche.

safetynetzero, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  10. hoovers

hoovers Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe GetResponse will be a better choice for a beginner?

hoovers, May 26, 2015 IP
  11. murfe

murfe Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Getresponse is much more friendly to marketers.Aweber is very strict.

murfe, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  12. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Harris,

I would suggest you stay away from Mailchimp if you can, you'd rather look into Getresponse. The prices are not that much different, but you have to consider about deliverability, most emails sent from Mailchimp get straight to spam inbox or seen as promotion no matter how many times you tweak the copy (at least in my opinion).

To answer your questions:
    1: how do people use it?
    A: Youtube is your best friend at this point. Search on " how to use Mailchimp "
    2: how to build my list?
    A: Building your own list is always a good thing, if we go more into details, it could take tens of pages.

Chad Eztraffic, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  13. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    Hello! You can make a subscription form in your website in order to collect emals. Or you can find potential customers, those you can think will be interested in your products/services and try to send them emails. Good luck!

Alex Byhovtsov, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  14. TMG Enterprises

TMG Enterprises Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another drawback to MailChimp is their stance on affiliate marketing and what they see as 'get-rich-quick' schemes. They do not want affiliate marketers at all - this is in their terms and they mean it. It doesn't matter to them if you don't use their platform to do the affiliate marketing, either. If they find out you do it anywhere, they will close your account.

They also have a history of closing accounts if they feel you promote get-rich-quick products. They don't check the product to make sure they're right. If someone thinks your product name sounds bad, they can and will close your account.

It's silly to start using a service knowing you'll have to move it someday. You'll lose half your list that way, if not more. You're much better off to start off with a good service like GetResponse. They have a 30-day trial and it should be no problem for you to earn enough to cover the fees as they're very low to start with.

TMG Enterprises, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  15. hoovers

hoovers Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you! Start with GetResponse and if you're still not sure about it- try free trial version. Take care and good luck!

hoovers, Jun 26, 2015 IP