1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best place to invest money at the start

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pianogirl, May 5, 2015.

What do you guys think? I have a news website (so I'm not selling products on my site), and I want to find the best way of advertising.

I don't really have a budget, and I'm spending money that I can't really afford to advertise it on Facebook and other things, but what are the best places to put your money at first?

Forum posting, Facebook ads, Twitter, guest blog posts - what do you think?

pianogirl, May 5, 2015 IP
    Joe@AdPatron likes this.
  2. piapetersson

piapetersson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, what is the niche of your website? Depending on that go for SEO, SEM marketing to increase your web traffic.

piapetersson, May 9, 2015 IP
  3. hruz

hruz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Article writing and video marketing are great low cost ways to build traffic .... make sure you have a free offer at your blog or web site so you can capture emails and build a list. Talk to me on skype for more advanced methods using viral systems ... ok?

hruz, May 11, 2015 IP
  4. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to think about something I could offer in order to get more people to sign up. As it's a satirical news site, the best thing I can think of at the moment is a weekly/monthly newsletter.

pianogirl, May 11, 2015 IP
  5. farhan713

farhan713 Active Member

Best Answers:
    spend 80% of ur resources on making the content exceptional and rest 20% to reaching ur target market online.

farhan713, May 11, 2015 IP
  6. fxbonusinfo

fxbonusinfo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If u have don't enough budget for spending money for u r site advertising first u can start forum posting after that facebook add

fxbonusinfo, May 12, 2015 IP
  7. hruz

hruz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Make it two-step process. Have some thing to give away to collect the emails of your visitors ... then go after them with a special script offer to make your site viral and have them come back with new referrals ... I'm skype for more details - franto.hruz

hruz, May 12, 2015 IP
  8. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Member

Best Answers:
    I'd just work on creating amazing content for now. If you can do some of that through videos, you'll get a lot of visitors fast. In the next few years, it's been predicted that video will account for around 90% of Internet traffic.

DungeonMaster, May 12, 2015 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd refrain from putting much money in the beginning, especially in drainers like FB Ads or Google Ads. It is often said that Content is King and that goes double for news websites. If you have something interesting to show and show it in a great way users will soon come. Make sure to have active presence in as many social networks, forums and all venues where you can communicate with people with similar interests. Often your authority is the one that brings them to your page and from there your website should do the rest ;)

Rado_ch, May 12, 2015 IP
  10. carot

carot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you don’t have a budget and you don’t monetize your site, i wouldn’t advise paid traffic – but i’m conservative like that ;-) The kind of articles you write seems nice to share through social media… Seeing you already have almost 500 FB-fans and 500 twitter followers, that means something. Try to interact with them more and make them share your posts. I checked your fanpage but you should write a more enticing and compelling description and not only a link, make people eager to comment on it, so engagement will rise, more fans will see your post on their timeline and might even like, comment or share…

Also analyze your results, your posts on the fanpage from 7 and 15 May have huge engagement compared to the rest, have you boosted them with ads or done something special for those to skyrocket like that? Is the description more appealing? Was it the time of posting? Try to analyze the why… Also experiment with what works best (picture + text link, or links that add picture without text link in the description).

I don’t know if it’s possible with your writings, but could you personalize a writing for someone? Or write something about a topic of their choice? That could be a nice prize for a contest. If you reach 500 facebookfans or so. Just post a message that you’ll do something special with 500 fans so that everyone shares it so you reach that goal quickly.

You should also give a bigger incentive to subscribe to your newsletter. Give something away and announce it. Like a bigger article or something with the layout of a real newspaper, or I don’t know. Be creative. You could also announce that 1 out of 50 subscribers will get to choose an articlesubject for you to write on, or with their name in it, or whatever is possible in your writing style.

Be as creative in your promotions as in your writing and you’ll do awesome! :)

carot, May 25, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  11. gregs82

gregs82 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think if you use social media to attract visitor to your site it will be key. Spending money on advertising might not bring in the required traffic if your site is still fairly new. I think if you use youtube with a few videos and get those out it could bring in the required traffic. Also rado_ch said, content is key. goodluck.

gregs82, May 26, 2015 IP
  12. alvinperez

alvinperez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to make post daily basis, and content must be unique and if you can approved by google news , then you can get lots of traffic and you can make money from your site

thank you

alvinperez, May 26, 2015 IP
  13. camohit

camohit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have to think of targetin your subscribers. You have a News website. Depending on the contents of your News decide whether you want to target young or Old generation. Then find the places where you can locate your targeted people. Like fif your target is Young generation, then go fo Social Networks, if your target is old, you can do some offline advertising by printing pamphlets etc and distributin it...you can locate old generation in parks etc. I am sure you must have got the idea. Point is if you are laser targeted in your advertisement efforts you will see results fast and have better ROI. Wish you luck!

camohit, May 26, 2015 IP
  14. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is really my question also as i waste a lot of money on seo and advertising in stocks and forex trading niche but i didnt get result finally which one is better

fxlock, May 26, 2015 IP
  15. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Pianogirl,

Just went through your site ... if it is the same one that you have on your signature.

If you have a tight budget, you need to plan better before you get started. Your business is "satirical news" which will require content and readers as priority needs. Here is how I would suggest to move on with the money.

Set aside half the money for content, you need a regular flow of articles on a consistent basis.

Focus the rest on Social Media. A news website, especially satirical should have a lot of followers on the social media to promote your news pieces further in the social web. You need to put up a realistic budget for this, say for $500 you can get a 100k+ followers facebook page and that can be a decent start,

thanks,
    Uttoran Sen,

uttoransen, May 26, 2015 IP
  16. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Joe@AdPatron, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  17. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of news website do you have? If it can be viral, by all means, go with social media.

Chad Eztraffic, Jun 4, 2015 IP